Dr. Strange and The Ghost Rider (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

As of now, Y/n sat in some kind of chamber with Mordo. The two sat cross-legged in front of each other in the center of the room.

"Today will be your first lesson on controlling your powers, L/n," the sorcerer told the student. "Tell me, how do you think your powers work?"

"Well, Zarathos explained it a bit to me already," Y/n informed. "I transform at night or when I sense heavy levels of sin. I become a flaming skeleton that deals out penance to those who hurt the innocent. I can control fire, I'm incredibly strong and tough, and I can basically erase souls."

"Very good, but that is the bare minimum of the Ghost Rider's abilities," Mordo states. "You are able to do so much more."

"How much so?" Y/n asked.

"Think on godly levels of power," Mordo said. "When you learn to coexist with Zarathos, you will be able to use his powers whenever you please. With and without transforming."

"Seriously?" Y/n asked.

"Seriously," Mordo nodded.

Y/n looked down in thought. Then he looked at his hand which rested on his knee, beginning to wonder what exactly he could do.

A few more days later, the Ghost Rider found himself wandering the halls of the library. He figured that if he wanted to learn how to control his powers, then he'd need to study up and learn from anything that could help him. Even centuries-old books.

"Not that one," Zarathos said as his host reached for a book.

"Why not that one?" Y/n asked.

"Because I said so," Zarathos said. "Besides, it won't help us."

"Here's what I don't get," Y/n said. "Why haven't you told me that we needed to 'coexist' and be unified and all that? We could've done that ages ago."

"Look, bonding with me to a unifying point isn't that easy," the Spirit of Vengeance informed. "Besides, I thought we wouldn't be together for long. How was I supposed to know you were gonna piss off Lucifer?"

"Well, how was I supposed to know he'd come to my house?" Y/n retorted. "In fact, if he wanted to protect his daughter, why didn't he just go out and stop Magnus and his men himself? Or send someone more qualified than me?"

"Because he knew you'd do it!" Zarathos exclaimed. "And because you're one of the few people on Earth that is specifically hand chosen by fate to become a Ghost Rider!"

"What do you mean by that?" asked his host.

"What, you think people are picked out of the blue for convenience to become a Ghost Rider? You're dead wrong," Zarathos stated. "People like you are hand-picked to become my host. That's why you're immune to most of Lucifer's powers."

"Wait, I am?" Y/n asked.

"Yes! You are!" Zarathos groaned. "Have you not noticed Charlie trying to use her powers on you?"