The Devil's Job (Part 4)

Lucifer is seen sitting at a desk in his study. He was reading a book, hoping the pass the time before someone opens the door. He looks up and smiles when he sees his wife, Lillith.

"Hello, my Queen," Lucifer greets. "What brings you here?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing," Lillith admits.

"Well, I am doing fine," the Devil states.

"Alright," Lillith paused before speaking again. "Why did you pick Y/n?"

"Hm?" Lucifer tilted his head.

"Why did you pick him out of everyone to be your new Ghost Rider?" the Succubus Queen asks her husband. "I'm sure you could've sent Blaze if you wanted to."

"Yes, but I needed someone that personally knows our Charlotte, and he does," Lucifer grins. "Besides, he has something I've only sensed in very few Ghost Riders."

"That so? Aren't those the same Riders that rebelled against you?" Lillith questions. "What makes you think Y/n won't do the same?"

"Because," Lucifer admits as he summons some sort of tarot card in his hand, "I have something that he desperately wants back."

(By GasuGuma on Instagram I think

(By GasuGuma on Instagram I think. Credit to them)

He then places the card on its back on his desk. Lillith looked at it, seeing that the top of the card showed a happy child laughing without worry. He had (H/C) hair and (S/C) skin. It was a young, happy Y/n.

Meanwhile...

Y/n was in a building in Pentagram City. All around him were the burnt, dead bodies of Demon gangsters. Well, most were dead. One was still alive and kicking... but he was nearly dead. Y/n still had use of him, though.

So he walked up to the Demon who was trying to crawl away. However, the teenager stepped on his already injured leg, making the gangster cry out in pain.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asks the Demon.

"F-fuck you..." the gangster swore at the Human.

Y/n only scoffed and turned the Demon onto his back. Then he grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. He looked at the Demon in the eyes.

"Where is your boss? He needs to pay for trying to hurt my Charlie," Y/n declares, "and his penance is long overdue."

"I-I'll never talk," the Demon stuttered. "Even if y-you found h-him... y-you'll already b-be dead..."

"Don't be quite sure," Y/n told the Demon. "I took you all down, didn't I? And I'm only Human."

"Y-you're no Human... You're a D-Demon, like u-us," the gangster declares. "The same fire i-in us... is in y-you."

"No," Y/n shook his head. "Mine's worse."