I feel the familiar sensation of my Angel's excitementthat I get whenever I fly, I look at my outfit which consists of a black and blue corset, black jeans and black gloves, black combat boots with a black choker around my neck, I grin at my outfit that my dad had helped me pick when I first shifted into my Angel. I have a bow and arrows slung over my shoulders, the arrows are dipped in silver and wolfsbane which is lethal to werewolves and the silver is lethal to vampires, the arrows are originally made from mercury which can kill any supernatural creature, I have two silver swords strapped to my back and a belt around my hips that has silver daggers, daggers that are dipped in wolfsbane and daggers that are made of mercury, I also have two silver daggers hidden in the soles of my shoes in case my weapons get taken from me.

Now you're probably wondering why the hell I have so many weapons well my father said to always be prepared and he trained me in a variety of marshal arts. I spread my wings which are about 20 feet in length, I bend my knees for friction and jump up flapping my wings in the process. I glide through the sky making sure to stay out of sight, I feel a pair of eyes on me and I look around but see only clouds and the sun. I stop flapping my wings and start falling, I laugh and spread my arms enjoying the feeling, I land on my feet and shift back into my old clothes.

I cautiously walk through the front door and stop, I hear nothing and continue walking to the kitchen to start making dinner for Shailene. Shailene likes to starve me but I always make sure that Luke gets his share of food, I enter the kitchen and see no one there. Shailene storms in and I stare at her blankly, I know not to make a sound or else it will be worse than the rest, I heal faster than alpha's but because I get hit repeatedly in the same places my angel doesn't get enough energy and strength to heal me and stay alive. She stalks over to me and slaps me across the face making me fly to the ground, I can fight but Shailene promised not to hurt Luke if I take what comes my way. I block my link with Jace that was created when I met him since we are mates, I block it so he doesn't feel my pain.

She kicks me in the stomach multiple times making me cough up blood, she smirks and storms out and down the drive. -Guess we won't be making dinner.- Kaylie says and I feel her starting to heal me, I walk to the basement door and unlock it with the key I found. The basement was always locked and only dad and I had a key to it so she couldn't get in and find out that I know how to fight, I turn the light on and climb down the stairs. -Only a couple of days more and then we can move out.- I count down the days till the cabin will be finished being modified, my dad had the cabin built secretly and he always took me there after training when mum was out.

The cabin hadn't been used in years so I had to get some people to fix it up and they should be done in a couple of days, I sigh and tape my hands so they don't peel and bleed from the punching bag. I throw punches at the bag and let out all my frustration, I say words in my mind that describe her. Worthless. Shit. Bitch. Stupid. Ugly. Horrible. Witch. And the list goes on, I stop punching and walk back upstairs. I clean up all the blood that had been spilt because of my mum, I sprint upstairs to my room and into the shower. I hop under the boiling hot water that was scalding my skin, the temperature of the water burns me but also loosens my muscles.

I hop out and change into black ripped skinny jeans and a black crop top that had lace as sleeves, I throw on a red hoodie and jog down the stairs. OK so she's going to be gone for about 5 hours and it's 6pm meaning she will be back at 11. Perfect. I start a light jog towards Devil's Diner for dinner and if Jace and Luke are still there then I'll take Luke with me, I jump into a full out sprint. I jump over logs and roots that were sticking out, I come to a halt outside the diner and open the doors. I step inside and all eyes are on me, I raise my eyebrow at them and they immediately look away and the diner is filled with conversations but they are quieter than when I came in. -Probably so they can hear what we are talking about.- Kaylie suggests, I walk over to dad and I's booth and sit down.

I scan the area and see a dude with a faraway look on his face meaning he is mind linking someone. -What if he's talking to Jace?- I ask Kay, she doesn't reply and I sigh frustrated that my Angel isn't talking to me. Clarissa walks up to me and I smile, she sits down and my smile drops at the serious expression on her face. "Look Kat, Liam saw the future and he knew what was going to happen which is why he left you that letter. Read it, understand it. Once you've done that then come see me and I will tell you what to do next." With that said she gets up and walks off, what does she mean? Does she know about the abuse? Questions swarm through my mind and I feel myself get dizzy, I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts

-Your questions will be answered hopefully but for the meanwhile I feel another presence in your mind and it has been there for some time.- Kaylie finally comes out of hiding and talks to me though I can't blame her cause I blocked her out for a whole day. -Exactly.- She says and cuts the connection again. The waitress waits while I write down what I want. Chicken pasta salad and could you see if Carissa can make it? She reads the note and smirks. "Sure I'll ask her but I doubt it." What an arrogant bitch. I look her up and down and recognize her as the slut from school, now what was her name again. Shay? Hay? Shaina, that's the one. I stuff my hands in my hoodie pockets and slump further in my chair. I pull out a piece of crumpled up paper and I remember putting it there when she walked into my room while I was reading the letter.