Puppet

You weren't exactly sure why your friends invited you along on a cruise but you were just happy your seasickness wasn't affecting you...yet anyways.

You quickly got changed, a long midnight blue dress with a slit up the thigh, black heels, and a few sapphire accessories to complete the outfit. You style your hair and make your way to the small ballroom that was reserved strictly for the guests of the party.

You were hoping your friends were already there but as you looked around you could tell they hadn't made it yet. You sighed, taking a glass of champagne off of a server's tray as they passed by, sipping on it occasionally as you walked around the room trying not to look awkward.

You notice a balcony and make your way towards the open double doors, seeing several candlelit tables covered with white table cloths.

You sighed, making your way around the far most table towards the balcony itself, hoping to look out at the ocean, especially if the champagne suddenly mixed with your stomach in an unpleasant way.

The ship jerked and dipped and suddenly you were falling on your knees, your drink spilling into the lap of a man you had never met.

"Oh...oh my gosh! Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Let me...oh god." You said, quickly grabbing a few napkins that lay next to his hands on the table and dabbing at his lap.

"Oh...really it's alright." He said quietly.

"I don't think it'll stain...I'm so sorry. I tripped...the ship...I don't know-Why are you looking at me like that?" You said with a small smile. You had been focused on drying off his lap until you noticed he was looking down at you, a glint in his eyes, a barely noticeable smirk on his face. He shook his head, looking around his table.

As you followed his face, you noticed that the others had been watching you both, but were now returning to their polite conversations. He brought his fingers to your chin, turning your face towards him.

"What's your name?" You flushed light red. This wasn't something you had expected, nor prepared for.

"Umm...I'm Brianna." He gave you a small smile, looking you over, and you took this opportunity to do the same. He had on a personally tailored suit, gray dress shirt, black jacket, black dress pants. His straight black hair sat perfectly as he bent down to whisper in your ear.

"Come find me after the party. I'd love to get to know you when it's just the two of us." You grabbed his collar as he went to pull away.

"If you want to get to know me so badly, that'll be your job." You said with a smirk as you stood. You quickly mumbled an apology to the others at his table and shot the man one more small smile before walking back inside.

After finding your friends and being forced to socialize for two long hours, you finally decided to escape back to your room. As you turned down the final hallway, you noticed a man leaning against the wall outside your door. Your heart stopped for a moment before you let out a sigh of relief, seeing that it was the man from before.

"Well hello there. You took your time getting here." He said with an amused smile. You rolled your eyes as your own smile spread across your face.

"No one said you had to wait for me." You said as you stepped around him to unlock your door. You felt his hand on your wrist, spinning you around as he trapped you against the door.

"Wh...what are you doing?" You asked, trying to sound confident. He gave you a dark look before leaning down to whisper in your ear.

"You're the one who told me if I wanted to get to know you so badly, I would have to come find you. Right?" He murmured. You gasped as you felt his lips barely touch your skin as they trailed down your jaw before reaching the side of your neck.