Chapter One

Prologue
A story of two past lovers, who cross paths again. Jason believes they are past what happened and can start anew but Olivia needs him to prove his worth and his love.

••••••
"I'm willing Olivia, I know you don't believe me, but I'll do everything I can to be able to hold you in my arms and call you mine again. So you can look at me with those eyes full of love. Do you remember? Remember all we had?" Jason asks and moves towards me.

I immediately move backwards not wanting to be in close proximity with him, trying to deny what has always been there. The shift in the air, goosebumps on my skin. He looks healthy and better than ever, I'm happy but also sad.

I look at him as my throat threatens to close up. I always manage to cry because of him. I smile sadly before speaking.

"We're not meant to be Jason and it's okay. It's okay"

Secretgigglexx 💗

•••••••••••••••

'I can't stop thinking about you'
Cry - Cigarettes After sex

"Why do you keep doing this?!" I scream at him, my throat so sore indicating how much I've cried for the last two years.

"Olivia, you need to calm down" Jason said while taking a step towards me, arms raised like he was cornered by a cop. But his hands are shaking and I see a bit of white powder on his upper lips.

I can't do this anymore, we can't keep doing this.

I smile sickly at him. "But I'm calm. I'm perfectly calm. I just need you to tell me the truth." I told him quietly, crossing my arms across my chest.

I haven't been able to eat today due to worry. Being worried about him every single day.

I'm tired. I just want to be happy.

I wipe the tears from my face and stare at him. He looks so unkept. And he looks so worn out, always tired without doing anything. Always coming home late, making excuses, distancing himself. We are practically strangers living together at this point.

A sob breaks out from me again. Where did it all go wrong? Why couldn't my love be enough for him?

I look at him, really look at him. His beauty fading due to crystal meth and coke, he looks like the shadow of himself, the person I fell in love with. The person who smiled and worked hard. The person who loved me unconditionally. The person who knew me so well, who I did everything with, had a hope and promise of a future together.

The person who promised me happiness. The person who told me he loved me and acted like it.

This person.

The person standing in front of me, looking at me with those dark and hollow eyes.

I don't know who this person was anymore.

"Did you go back there? Did you take it?" I ask. My heart beating faster and faster every second. His answer will determine if this relationship is still going to hang on to the tiny thread holding it all together for the past six years.