Chapter 25 - Welcome to Seattle

Start from the beginning

I just laid on the bed while Bucky manhandled me to get me undressed and redressed. Though Bucky was a super soldier so even though I refused to help him I was changed in no time.

Bucky then proceeded to move me to the middle of the bed. Much to my dismay I could feel myself fall asleep.

"Go to sleep, Madison," Bucky ordered before he too walked off. I wanted to argue, to protest, to ignore him and stay awake. But my body betrayed me and soon I was dead to the world.

I woke up in the morning with a raging headache. My God how drunk was I last night that the serum didn't stop the hangover.

The light peaking in from the blinds was blinding me so I flipped over and covered my head with a pillow. I am never drinking again.

I heard the bedroom door open followed by some footsteps. Hopefully it was someone I know and not a hostile cause I was in no shape for fighting anyone off.

"I brought you some coffee," it was Steve.

I quickly pulled the pillow off of my head and flipped over so I could squint at Steve's blurry frame. "I am never drinking again," I announced, "At least not Asgardian mead."

Steve started laughing, I love his laugh it's so deep and adorably. "Of course you aren't now take your coffee get dressed and come down to the kitchen so Tony can tell us what we are doing today."

Before I could say anything Steve left again. With a groan I moved my legs so I could sit. I realized at some point I had changed into pajamas though I don't remember changing.

I grabbed my leg braces which someone had left within arms reach and began attaching them. I hated the stupid things, they were painful to wear and I had to use them to walk meaning when I had to get dressed I had to put them on just to take them off again.

I quickly strapped my legs in before grabbing my crutches and hobbling over to my suitcase. I grabbed warmer clothes since Washington tended to be windy and cold.

I took off my pajama shirt and replaced it with a plain black shirt and put a red flannel over it. I then grabbed my jeans and moved over to the bed again.

I then began the grueling process of removing my leg braces putting my jeans on then putting my leg braces back on followed by socks and black converse.

Once that was done I quickly braided my hair and headed towards where I think the kitchen is. I ended up getting lost so I asked J.A.R.V.I.S. for help before I finally found the kitchen where the Avengers all sat around talking and eating breakfast.

I sat down glad that no one mentioned that I was late and Bucky handed me a bagel and another cup of coffee. "I figured you would be hungry," he shrugged before he sat down next to me.

"Alright now that we are all here, here is the agenda. We are going to explore the city today. Downtown has an aquarium along with the famous Pike Place Market. We have several cars so we can all do different things."

"Wait but who is going with who?" I questioned.

"I split us into groups of four or five. Natasha, Clint, Wanda, Pietro are together. Bruce, Thor, Rhodey, and I. And then you, Peter, Bird-boy, Capsicle, and Manchurian Candidate."

"Great, no more questions!" Clint announced standing up. "Let's get this vacation started."

And with that the groups dispersed leaving just mine sitting at the table. "So what are we doing? Getting drunk and going on the ferris wheel, exploring the Pike and buying crap or what?" Sam questioned.

"Well I was thinking we could go to the Seattle Aquarium by the water front and then go explore the Pike," Peter suggested.

"Man, I was hoping for get drunk," Sam whined.