S1 Ep 16: "Bug Hunt"

Start from the beginning

“Is that your new pet that you were talking about?” Baby Connie asked curiously.

“Yep. And we’re not afraid to win this!” Baby Steven exclaimed. “We are brave enough!”

A few minutes later, they both looked at their sheets as they held little nets to catch the bugs that they could get to win the game. But the catch was… there were all sorts of bugs to find! However, Baby Steven noticed something unusual in the middle.

“What’s this spot here?” he asked with wonder.

“Some people have been trying to find a very rare bug.” Baby Connie explained. “But, it’s a very hard creature to find. In fact, many don’t even know what it is!”

Baby Steven’s intrigue grew even more as he started to figure out what the rare mysterious creature it could be. But the possibilities were quite endless… as Baby Kevin looked.

“So, you both decided to play!” he gasped. “You both are gonna do tremendous… while I will be the king of this hunt!”

As he just snickered and walked off, Baby Steven just mimicked him by using his tiny hand as a puppet while making faces.

“Meh, meh, meh!” he pretended with frustration.

“Don’t worry, Steven.” Baby Connie smiled. “As long as we work together, we will win this game! Whatever it takes!”

And so, by keeping their infamous rival OUT of their focus and minds, both Baby Steven and Baby Connie commenced their OWN kind of bug hunt, in hopes of claiming their titles as the winners. Baby Steven soon remembered a couple of discoveries.

“Oh, wait!” he gasped… as he placed a couple of marks on the ladybug and bumblebee from earlier.

“Oh yeah!” Baby Connie remembered. “Good point, Steven!”

Fortunately for them, there was another little discovery to come! Baby Steven soon found… yet another little caterpillar! This time, it was all green!

“Connie! I found a caterpillar!” Baby Steven smiled, letting the caterpillar crawl up his finger.

“Perfect!” Baby Connie approved as they both marked that off their sheets.

But instead of catching it with a net, Baby Steven allowed it to crawl on his arm!

“Come on!” he smiled. “Don’t be shy!”

But it felt quite ticklish as Baby Steven giggled. And fortunately, the little caterpillar went with them! As for Baby Connie, she soon found a little fly that kept on buzzing around! Since it was quite tricky to catch it, she decided to hold out her hands… and caught it with ease and placed it in their net!

“Good catch with that fly!” Baby Steven said in surprise.

“Thank you!” Baby Connie appreciated his complement with a cute smile on her face.

But as time went by, as Baby Steven found a friendly little spider in a web up in the trees… Baby Connie started to think about something.

“Hmm…” she wondered. “Is it just me or… are the bugs all missing?”

“I’m not really sure!” Baby Steven curiously replied. “Isn’t there supposed to be more than these?”

He mainly asked, because it was his very first time playing. But, before they met, Baby Connie started to think about how common the bugs would be.

“I thought I saw more!” she wondered to herself… before noticing another bee… that was laying on the ground. “Uhh… Steven…???”

And much to his surprise, he found Baby Connie’s shocking discovery.