Chapter 11: Mating Instinct

Logan/Antonia

For decades, violence had been a part of his life. Killing without an ounce of remorse. No mercy with his enemies. They deserved none.

He was a savaged beast. An Alpha. Ready to protect his pack at all costs.

Tonight was no exception. He would burn the world for his precious mate, the most important member of his world.

His Luna. She is my future. The only one. A blessed gift from Selene.

Their first official date had been ruined. He had special plans. To woe her into his world.

Tonight was the night to slowly veer her to the concept of lycans and wolf shifters.

Also felt the need to further their intimacy beyond chase kisses and touches. His wolf was becoming restless, needing more.

But those men...those fucking assholes hurt the only woman he had ever allowed in his heart.

Seething with rage, his knuckles were almost white from his tight grip on the stirring wheel, felt the solid metal denting.

Taking a deep breath, having to control his beasts proved to be difficult. They were trying to claw their way out to protect their mate.

He wished he could go back and made good on his promise. Only breaking their bones would not be enough. He could be creative. He would skin them alive. Cut off every hanging appendage they have, feed those parts to...

"Logan..."

Her sweet voice jolted him from the dangerous path he was happily forging in his mind. Taking another breath, he finally glanced at her.

He swore savagely, noticing how pale she was. Fuck! Glancing at the dashboard, he cursed again.

Closing his eyes, brinking away his rage, he prayed for calm, slowing down to a safer speed.

"I'm sorry I ruined our night." Her voice was naught but a whisper. With werewolf enhanced senses, he heard her clearly.

Forlorn, she was staring at the scenery they passed by, biting her lower lip.

Gritting his teeth, he reigned in his wolf, he needed another deep breath. "You didn't, love. Those assholes did."

Her luscious lips trembled. She nodded. "I...what they said...all of it was true."

The fuck if it matters. She was his. Her past didn't weight with their future. But he had to know. He had to make everything right. "We are almost there. Then we will talk, Antonia."

From the corner of his eye, he saw her flinch from his gruff and serious tone.

Rounding a familiar corner, AEP Corp., came into view.

Parking his car on the designated garage, he exited then went to his mate's side.

Opening the door, he reached for her. Not giving her time to protest, he hefted her in his arms again, wanting her close to him.

A pack warrior assigned for perimeter check, took one glance at them, bowing, he opened the private elevator for his leaders.

Alpha East nodded his thanks and pressed the button that would lead them to the top floor where his office and private rooms were located.

He had yet to bring Antonia to his master bedroom. Tonight would be the night. He was not allowing her to sleep anywhere else.

She belong here with him.

"Are we staying here? In your office?" This was the first time she talked since they entered his building.

"Yes. We are sleeping in our bed after we talked." He answered with finality.