23

Rebecca's POV

I woke up at midnight and felt a weight at the end of my bed. What the hell?

I turned on my bedside lamp and saw Nash sitting at the end of my bed.

He had bruises on his face and a bloody nose. There were pieces of glass in his arm and leg and he was laying down with his eyes closed.

" Nash what happened?! " I said in shock. " Who did this to you?! "

" Our dads. Yours met mine and came to my house. They... " He didn't have to finish the sentence.

" Come on, get into the bathroom. "

I helped him into the bathroom and got out tweezers.

" Ok this might hurt a bit. " I said holding the tweezers, about to pull some of the glass out of his arm. He nodded. I carefully pulled out the glass. Nash winced. " Be still. " I took out the pieces one by one, slowly and carefully. That took forever. I got a roll of bandage and wrapped it around his leg since there were cuts and they were bleeding a lot because of the glass. I put a few band aids on his arm, since it wasn't bleeding as bad as his leg.

It took two hours to tend to everything, I was crying by the end of it. I hated seeing him in pain. I loved him so much. I couldn't bear it.

" You need to tell me everything. What happened? "

" Well, like I said, both our dads were there. When I came home they were talking to each other, I don't know what they were talking about, but they saw me and came over to me. Both of them drunk as usual. Your dad had this big ass wine bottle, and hit me in the leg with it. That's why it was bleeding so much. So they... beat me and I passed out. When I woke up they were gone and I was terrified that they were already at your house. I got here as fast as I could. Thank god they weren't here yet. " He hugged me. I was crying hard. " We can't stay here. "

" What do you mean? " I asked.

" I mean we can't stay with our dads anymore. They said something about coming to get you before I passed out. They're most likely at a bar or something so they'll be here by morning. I don't have the strength to fight them and I'm not going to see you get hurt like me. "

I wiped away my tears. " Where are we going to go? We can't go to Alexis' house. We got into a fight. She wouldn't let us stay. "

" Shit. That's where I was planning to go. But it doesn't really matter. We just have to get out of here before they come. You need to pack. It's a good thing I left my stuff here. "

" Okay. " I said quietly, getting up and packing my things. Nash's stuff was already packed. I only took the things I needed. Clothes, perfume so I don't smell incase we can't shower, a knife ( you never know ), food, water, blankets, as much money I could find, and makeup.

" Becca, do you really need makeup? "

" We're still going to school aren't we? And if we need to get a job I'll need to make a good impression. "

" I guess you're right. Are you ready? "

" Yeah. " We walked out of the house and into the night. " Nash, do you know where we're going. "

" No idea... " He sighed. " We should just wander around town and look for a place to stay until we can get a job to get a hotel room or anywhere to stay. Then we can focus on getting an apartment. "

" Okay. Sounds like a plan. "

We walked, well, Nash limped, around town until we found this deserted alleyway that was in a somewhat decent state. It wasn't far from school, only about as long a walk as it usually would be. We settled in the back of it in our blankets. I cuddled up next to Nash.

" This anniversary didn't turn out exactly how I planned it... " He said.

" Well, at least I'm with you, I have this amazing necklace, and I had the best time during the picnic. "

" I'm glad. " He leaned in and we kissed.

You know, there are more pros than cons to this situation. The cons: We have to live in an ally, won't get too much food since I could only take some cheese and crackers, and it's freezing at night. The pros: We're hopefully away from our fathers, I could get to live with Nash once we get an apartment if we do, I'm able to get a job, no more injuries, and most importantly I get to spend almost all my time with Nash. Yeah, this could be for the better.

A/n - HELLO I HAVEN'T UPDATED THE STORY IN FOREVER BUT IM SO HAPPY BECAUSE I GOT 1K READS AND I'M LISTENING TK SOMETHING BIG WHICH PUTS ME IN SUCH A BETTER MOOD.

Ok sorry but read this ~~ If you're reading this when it's updated I changed some things in the last chapter so go reread it.

Ok I've been busy af with moving and I'm sick. Ugh anyways love you guys 😘😘 Much love.