11

Nashs POV

4 Weeks later

Me and Rebecca have hung out a lot lately. She wants me to call her Becca now. We're supposed to hang out today, it's Saturday, and I'm really, really nervous.

I'm going to ask her out on a date.

I just feel so happy when I'm around her. She could become my girlfriend after a couple of dates, maybe not. Who knows. I'm just afraid that she'll say no or won't want to.

I've been getting ready for about an hour now. I want everything to be just right.

I look at myself in the mirror one more time and head to the park.

-

She was sitting at out meeting spot. It was at a tree in the middle of a field.

" Hey " she said

" Hey "

" So what do you wanna do today? "

" I don't really know. What about going for a walk. We haven't done that in forever. "

" Sure. "

We got up and went for a walk. It was a pretty nice day for November.

" So what do you want to talk about today? " She asked

" How about relationships. Like have you ever dated anyone and stuff like that. "

" Alright. " She smiled " And yes I have dated somebody. "

" Who. "

" His name was Nick Holland. We dated for a week or so in 7th grade. My first real boyfriend was Kenny Ragel. That was in 9th grade. It lasted 8 months or so. What about you? "

" Oh, I've never been on a date. But hopefully I will tomorrow. "

" What? Why...? " She looked a little disappointed.

" Becca, will you go on a date with me? "

She smiled. " R-really? "

" Yeah... " I said looking down, rubbing the back of my neck. I felt my face get hot.

" Of course I will. " She said happily. " So what, when, and where. "

" I don't know. Something cliché like going out to dinner. You can come to my house at 5:00. "

For the rest of the walk we talked about which doctor was our favorite. ( The tenth ) But I was so relieved that she said yes. I can't wait.

The next day

I was getting ready for my date with Becca. We were going to the fair. You don't need to be perfect Nash, I thought to myself, you're just going to the damn fair.

I walked to her house and rang the doorbell.

" Hey. " She said, smiling.

" Hey. " I said.

" Where are we going today? "

" The fair. Come on. " I said and grabbed her hand. We walked to the fair ( which took us a while ) and paid for admission. Then we went up to the ticket booth and got wrist bands.

" Let's go on the roller coaster first. " She said getting all excited. She ran to the line and she dragged me along.

" Are you sure you want to go on this? " I asked, chuckling.

" Duh. Why are you scared? "

" No, I'm just making sure you're not scared. " That was partially true.