ch. 14

weddings and reunions

gloves slipped over the bare flesh that sat uncovered on the womans lap. vienna sat back in the chair that was collecting dust in her studio, waiting for eloise to enter. the leather clung to her fingers, easily showing how slender they were.

izaiah was sent to a school quite far away as he was quite young and needed to learn, although vienna and izaiah forgot what age they agreed on, he was somewhere around 6. marius and vyn were aware of her return and with izaiah sent somewhere for most of the days, they were able to just catch up and of course, get drunk.

the moment she even thought about closing her eyes, the door creaked open. something dropped as vienna looked forwards to see eloise standing there in the doorway.

"vienna..?" her voice squeaked out.

eloise watched, confused, as vienna stood and walked towards her. with the long sleeved shirt and gloves, it should be ok to hug her best friend.

"eloise, how have you been?" she pulled her friend into an awkward and extremely short hug.

she was frozen as she looked her purple haired friend over.

"where were you? im getting married! where were you? why did you leave?"

eloise cried while hitting vienna with a small amount of force. vienna took it and showed no signs of pain as her eyes closed. once eloise was done with her questions, she basically collapsed into viennas arms.

"where were you?"

"norway."

eloise let out a dry laugh from her bland response. she could tell just from the awkwardness and uncomfortable feeling that eloise could feel from her friend that lots had changed. so far, she was unsure as to if it was a good thing of not.

the two just sat in the back, letting sasha run the store part for a bit. they talked and talked, slowly getting back to normal. eloise gave into letting vienna be her maid of honor as planned, never wanting anyone else to have the job.

"so.. you and artem? he found you and what? prince charming type stuff or.."

"no, from now one we are only business partners. theres a guy ive been kinda talking to anyways."

"and you like him more than artem?"

"i guess well see..?"

eloise noticed her gloves and the way any time their legs would even brush against eachother, she would move backwards and seem to take a minute to herself.

"whats his name? i liked artems name.. i mean like doesnt vienna wing sound nice?"

"no, eloise. it sounds like shit. his name is kolton."

"the fuck..? is he hot at least?"

"have i ever even thought about dating someone ugly?"

eloise went silent after that. after a moment, both burst out in laughter from the lack of noise. almost on cue, a knock on the door made them turn. a tall man with black hair and deep green eyes stood there. kolton.

"kolton..! hey." vienna laughed nervously as she walked towards him.

eloise looked the man up and down as he did the same to her, letting out a sigh afterwards. his eyes fell back onto vienna, admiring the changes over the past five years. she looked at him with hope, hope for a new and healthy relationship. he looked right back at her with hope, hope for a new and healthy friendship.

eloise could see the look in his eyes, the movements of his body. she knew. she knew that man was most definitely gay.

"hey uh.. vienna? come here for a second."