ch. 4

mistakes and dinner

the next week was quite boring. it consisted of random trips to the bar and cafe and interactions with artem that only got shorter and shorter. vienna had thought he was trying to avoid her because of that night before. she found herself standing infront of a blank canvas once again as she stared into it. she felt her heart begging for her to call her brother. she didnt know why but she needed him.

"vi?" sasha walked in and saw vienna standing there.

the paintbrush resting in her fingers was nearly touching the untouched surface but was barely held back. her eyes looked over the blank canvas with a small frown forming on her face. the music in the studio kept her conscious while her legs felt weak beneath her torso.

"is she ok?" sasha turned to eloise who shrugged.

"yeah she does this almost everyday. shes gonna say something crazy soon."

vienna took on a look of realization followed with determination as she smiled. she turned to the girls and pointed with the brush.

"im moving to switzerland!"

eloise looked at her girlfriend and sighed sadly. sasha bit the inside of her cheek and nodded slowly before walking away. as she walked through the building the door opened with a slight jingle.

"hi, is vienna here?" artem walked in and asked sasha who stopped.

eloise rushed out and nearly ran into sasha as she slid along the floors. sasha leaned towards eloise and whispered.

"whos that?"

"thats artem. remember?"

sasha gave eloise a shocked expression and nodded before smiling at artem.

"yeah just in there!" they pointed towards the room where she stood.

she stayed still as she stood infront of the canvas with her head tilted to the side. although she looked to be thinking of her art, she was thinking more of the future. artem walked in and called to vienna but received no reaction.

"vi?" he walked closer and touched her shoulder.

she jumped from the sudden touch and turned quickly, holding out her paintbrush as if it was some sort of weapon. he backed away and she calmed down at the sight of him being there. he chucked from her reaction and put his hand on the brush, lightly pushing it down to her side.

"what are you doing here?" vienna smiled and set the brush down.

as he kind of explained his day and how he ended up there, she zoned out again. he noticed after a minute and waved his hand infront of her face to try to get her back to him. she looked very out if it as he continued waving to her.

"vi?"

he sighed and touched her cheek which seemed to get to her a bit more than before. he saw that she seemed a bit better and continued explaining.

"i want to take you out to do something i quite enjoy doing." artem said without actually saying what it was they would do.

his words seemed to catch her attention as he touched her face once again.

"what is it..?" she snapped back into reality for good this time.

his lips curved into a smile as he looked down at hers that did the same. sasha dragged eloise from the room as she calmed down.

"shooting."

viennas eyebrows raised and she smiled widely, nodding and almost dragging artem from the studio. sasha waved them goodbye and sighed sadly.