Chapter 12

When I wake up, I feel a sharp pain in my back. Maybe I should take a bath. I slowly walk into the bathroom and run the water.

Dad must've taken Ridian out, because he's not in his room. I step into the bath and it there for a while.

After a while my back feels better. I get dressed and head outside to the barn. It rained last night so my feet stick to the mud.

I see my dad in Ridians stall. Ridian is lying on his side breathing heavily. I rush into the stall and sit next to my dad.

"Is he okay?" I ask in a panicky tone. I dad sighs and stares at the ground.

"He colliced last night." my dad replies. I rub Ridians face and quietly pray he will be okay.

He takes his last breath and closes his eyes forever. All I can scream is 'No.'

——————————————

I wake up covered in sweat and run to the barn. Ridian is there, waiting patiently for his hay.

I sigh in relief and feed the horses. I think I don't want to ride today. I just want to have some fun with Briggan.

I take him out of his stall and walk him to the secret jumping arena. I lunge him over some tiny jumps.

He's so cute. I love him so much. I'm staring, stupidly at the trees and feel someone biting my butt.

I chase Briggan around the arena. I will never get rid of him, not ever.