𝐈𝐕 . . . LESTRADE AND THE LUNATICS!

"WELL, WE DO CERTAINLY SEEM TO BE making these little catch-ups rather frequent, don't we Mycroft? Can't get enough of me, I see

          "WELL, WE DO CERTAINLY SEEM TO BE making these little catch-ups rather frequent, don't we Mycroft? Can't get enough of me, I see." Poppy leant back in her chair opposite Mycroft, watching as he planted his elbows on the surface of his dark mahogany desk, chin coming to rest there.

          "Believe me, Rockefeller, I am not over the moon at the idea of seeing you this early in the morning either. But, needs must, needs must. Now," He pulled a file out from the draw of his desk, turning over the cover and removing up the paperclip holding both various candid and professional database photographs together. Mycroft tossed them over to Poppy who caught them, and she began to look through.

          "Your cover has been breached, Rockefeller."

          "Yes. I know." Poppy stated bluntly, turning over a photograph in the tips of her fingers until she held it up next to her face, "Can we re-take these photos? I can't say I jump up and down in excitement every time I see these."

          "This is the first time you've seen these photographs."

          "Exactly. Strike while the iron's hot, or something along those lines. Let's nip this disaster in the bud before anyone else has to see them, Holmes." She folded her arms over her chest, the square photo lying in her lap. Mycroft opened his mouth but Poppy held up a solitary finger, "I'm not talking about the breach until these photographs are fixed."

          "We are not changing the photographs, Rockefeller, we simply do not have the time to waste. Your cover has been breached, this is a critical concern that must be taken care of with immediate action." Mycroft spoke to as as if she was a child, slowly annunciating each syllable of his words.

          "I'm not talking to you about this, until we change those photographs."

          "I'll double your pay cheque."

          "The photos are perfectly adequate, how do you plan on restoring my cover." Poppy clipped the photos back together and placed them back over the case file. Mycroft pulled it closer to him to place them back into the right position.

          "There isn't much we can do, I'm afraid Rockefeller. And despite what I repeat everyday, you are the only one I see fit to do this job." She smiled and nodded her head appreciatively before he continued, "But we will be increasing the security around your house, your working hours as a waitress—"

          "A sleazy waitress."

          "—Will be cut to half of the time and it is advised that you minimise contact with others during the time. You will also be given a new phone every two weeks to keep alongside your current one for personal use."

          "Is that it?" Poppy questioned, aghast.

          "What do you mean, 'is that it'? We're doing all we can, Rockefeller, this isn't a situation that can be taken lightly."