SIX

'So you are telling me there is a different world like under us and it has monsters and stuff?' Eddie says.
'Kind of.' Max replies.
'I mean not exactly but that's the general idea.' Dustin says.

I put my head in my hands completely confused. 'This is insane.' I say.
'I mean it does take some getting used to.' Steve says watching ours confused and exhausted faces. 'You know what it's been a long day how about we go and pick you up some food and clothes and stuff and you can sleep.'

'Ok.' Eddie says looking at the ground still trying to process everything.

'How about Chrissy you stay and we can go and get the stuff. I need to drop Dustin and Max back home it's nearly past curfew anyways.'

I nod. 'Of course.'

After discussions of what things Eddie likes, the others scurry off back to the car.
We both sit down next to each other on the cold floor of the boat house, the darkness surrounding us. I can hear Eddie's shallow breaths. I shuffle closer to him, our sides touching in attempt to make him feel less alone. 'You know I always thought you were beautiful.' I say suddenly trying to take his mind off things. 'I used to see you in the cafeteria all the time and you were so cocky and wild and a little intimidating but there was just something about you that I just was mesmerised by.'
I hear him chuckle slightly leaning into me. 'Is this a dream?' He says laughing a bit more. 'You really think I'm beautiful?' He says our eyes meeting despite the darkness.

'Ye I do.'I saw tugging on one of the braids I had plaited earlier in the day. 'How about I redo these? I can't see too well but I can imagine they are messy by now.' Eddie who is still staring backing at me, nods slightly. I get up and crouch behind him undoing his plaits gently. I slowly redo his hair enjoying the feeling of his curls between my fingers.

Just as I am done with the last plait, Eddie's hand reaches out of touch mine from behind him. I gasp slightly feeling to electricity of our skin touching. He moves his hands slightly to interlock our fingers. Butterflies appear in my stomach. I am completely speechless. No one had ever made me feel like this.

We both jump, pulling away from each other as we hear movement from outside. There was a car pulling into the drive. I get up slowly, peeking through the dusty window above me, my heart pounding. 'Uh god it's just them.'I say sighing and sitting back down next to Eddie.

'That was very quick.' Eddie says.

We watch as the door swings open and Steve and Robin come in with bags of stuff. 'Right so there is clothes and food in there.' Robin says. 'I think you should try and get into the house because you will freeze out here.' Steve says.

'I will try. Thank you so much. I mean it. You guys should go home.' Eddie says getting up. 'Would you mind dropping Chrissy off too?'

I stand up in protest. 'What? You really think I'm going to leave you here by yourself?' I say.

'Chrissy I don't want to involve you in this.'He begins but I interrupt him.

'Eddie I'm not leaving you.' I say sitting back down. 'Besides I have no where else to go.'

'Ok there should be enough stuff in there for Chrissy too don't worry.' Steve says. 'We should get going now our parents might start to wonder where we are. Try to get some sleep ok.'

Robin and Steve start to walk out the door. 'I forgot to say if you want to contact us there is a walkie in the bag.' Robin says closing the door behind them.

Eddie begins grabbing the bags and I follow him round the back of the house. He lifts up the doormat to find a key which he uses to open the back door. 'There we go.' He says sighing with relief as he enters the house. I trail behind him slightly scared.

He feels around for a light switch on the wall and flicks it on. He places the bags on the ground turning to face me. He scans my face, his expression suddenly hardening. 'What the fuck happened to your face?' He says approaching and gently reaching his hand out towards my face.

'It's nothing I just fell.' I say looking away from him.

'Let me see.' He says causing me to turn my head back towards him. He moves closer to me and gently inspects  my face, his hand brushing along my chin. 'Jason did this to you didn't he?'

I look at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact. Eddie removes his hand from my face before walking into the next room and beginning to rustle around. He comes back several moments later holding a first aid kit.

'We don't have to talk about it ok.' He says guiding me to a chair and kneeling in front of me, clutching the first aid kit. 'Just know that if he ever comes near you again I will kill him.' I sigh trying not to look him in the eyes.

'He's not worth it Eddie. He was never worth it.' I say thinking about all the things Jasón had done to me.

He takes out some antiseptic and begins dabbing the gash under my eye. I wince slightly as I begins to sting. Eddie blows on it gently in attempt to ease the stinging. I try not to stare at him but I just couldn't help it he was so beautiful.