TWO

As we pull up to Eddie's house I feel more at ease. I trusted him and I hadn't been feeling so jumpy since he was with me. We walk up the stairs to the caravan.

'Do you live here alone?' I say as he turns the lights on, rustling around in the drawers to find the drugs.
'I live with my uncle but he is working a Night Shift.' He says.
I suddenly feel uneasy again. 'Um how long does it take to kick in?' I say to Eddie as he still rustle around the drawers.
'Not long.' He says still looking around. 'I think it must be in here.' He walks into his room a few metres from where he was before.

Fear suddenly strikes me as the house goes silent. 'Eddie did you find it?' I yell wanting him to come back. My heart beats faster as he doesn't reply. 'Eddie? Eddie?' I repeat.

Suddenly I see my mum. 'Just loosening up this for you sweetheart.' She says sewing the fabric using a sewing machine. She turns around her face deformed. I scream running out the room shutting the door. I was no longer in Eddie's house. My breath quickens.

My mums begins yelling trying to get out of the room. I pull the door closed stopping her. 'Chrissy open the door!' She yells. I scream, terrified as my mums voice deepens. I rush down the stairs.
I sigh with relief as I see my Dad in the living room across the hall. I rush up to him. 'Dad.' I say.
He turns to look at me his face deformed, his eyes and mouth stuck closed as he struggles, I scream.

I watch as the light flickers in the living room. I run trying to escape beginning to panic more and more but the doors are locked. I try to hurl myself into the door banging repeatedly.
'Chrissy.' A deep voice says as a monster makes it way towards me. 'Don't cry Chrissy.' It say stroking my face with its slimy wet fingers. 'It's time.' The monster says.
The monster pulls my into the air my feet dangling. I think this is the end but I suddenly hear something. I can hear Don't stop believing by Journey. My favourite song. The monster drops me.

I stare as I see almost a window showing Eddie sprawled out on the floor in shock and me in the air. I stand up and begin to run towards the light with every ounce of energy I have. I feel the monster begin to follow me, trying everything to pull me back but I slip past, jumping into the window.

I cry out. I am suddenly back in Eddie's house, falling back onto the carpet. I begin crying hysterically, aware of the radio still playing the song in the background. Eddie rushes over to me. 'What the fuck just happened?' He said crying also. I hug him so glad to hear his voice, trying to calm myself down. He hugs me back, I can feel his body shaking too.

'Shh.' He says trying to calm me as I begin hyperventilating. His hand gently strokes my hair holding me close to him. It takes several minutes but my breath slowly begins to slow as I relax into him. 'There you go.' He says gently. He begins to take off his jacket and wraps it round me, pulling me to his chest.
I close my eyes, suddenly feeling safe and warm, tiredness suddenly hits me. I hadn't slept in weeks. I feel myself drift away.
————-
Crying out, I wake up in a pool of sweat, the events of last night consuming my nightmares. I sigh with relief as Eddie rushes into the room.
'Hey you alright?' He says walking towards the bed. I nod staring at his sleep deprived face.
'Did i sleep here?' I say as he perches on the end of bed.
'Yep but oh don't worry I slept on the sofa.' He says.
'You don't look like you slept.' I say, worriedly.
'Oo is Chrissy Cunningham worried about me?' He says teasing me. I laugh, I loved this gift he had of making me feel happy.
'Maybe I am.' I say smiling and picking at the strands of my cheer uniform. My face suddenly drops as I see bruises on my legs from where I fell.

'Hey why don't you clean up and I'll give you something to wear.' He says, noticing my suddenly drop in mood. 'Besides I have a great fashion sense.'
I laugh once again and climb out of bed, watching as he rustles through his drawers. 'I think these will do.' He says pulling out some grey joggers and a hoodie. 'They are a small on me so they should be fine on you.' I smile gratefully as he hands them to me and leads me into the bathroom.

'Ok if you need anything I'm not going anywhere ok.' He says I nod. He starts to walk away but I suddenly feel scared causing me to cry out.
'Eddie!' I say, causing him to turn back around.
'Ye are you alright?' He says looking concerned.
'I know this is a bit weird but would you mind staying there. I can't be alone right now. Just turn around.' I say.
'Of course.' He says turning around and putting a hand over his eyes exaggeratedly.
I roll my eyes grinning slightly, as I start to take off my cheer outfit, pulling on the soft joggers and hoodie. They were a little big on me but I felt comfortable. I wash out my mouth with some water and wash my face a little before turning back around to make sure Eddie was there.

'Ok I'm done.' I say causing him to turn around his hand still over his eyes. He removes his hand and stares at me in his clothes. 'What?' I say confused as to why he hasn't said anything.
'Uh nothing.' He says suddenly snapped out of his trance. 'You just look better in them than I ever did.' I blush slightly.

'I never got a chance to thank you by the way.' I say.
'Oh it's nothing those clothes were way too small on me.' He says running a hand through his curly hair.
'Not for the clothes. I mean for everything.' I say looking at the ground.
'I mean I couldn't exactly kick you out. You fell asleep on me.' He says chuckling.