FIVE

We pull up to a rather dark and isolated house. We park up and get out the car, cautiously approaching a house several hundred metres from us. 'Hello?' Steve yells. 'Eddie?' They shine a torch into the house.
'REEFER RICK? EDDIE? It's me Dustin!' Dustin yells.

While the others are looking through the windows of the house, I notice a dimly lit light in the boat house to my left.

I slowly walk over there, my eyes drawn to the flickering light. I just had a feeling he was in there. 'Guys. I think Chrissy has found something.' One of the girls says causing everyone to follow me over to the boat house.

'I will go first.' Steve says. I roll my eyes grabbing the handle and pushing open the door.
'Wait Chrissy!'He says trying to stop be but I'm already inside.

I begin to scan the room for any signs of Eddie but all I see is piles of old junk. 'Eddie?' Dustin shouts but in hushed tones. Steve grabs an ore that was leaned against the wall and begins poking around in the boat filled with tarmac in the middle of the boathouse.

'Stop it he could be in there!' I say trying to grab the ore from him but he swerves around me and continues.
'Is he always this stupid?' I say to other others.
'Pretty much.' They reply nodding but before Steve can reply there is sudden movement from under the tarmac.

We all cry out as Eddie springs from the tarmac with a knife aimed at Steve, his chest rising up and down with every breath. 'Woah Woah Eddie calm down we are here to help you.' Dustin says. 'Look here is my friends Robin, Max and Steve.' He gestures to them. 'And you know Chrissy.' He says. Eddie's expression suddenly softens as his eyes meet mine. I step towards Eddie, eyeing the knife in his hand.

He stares back at me biting his trembling lip. I approach him slowly. 'It's ok.' I whisper my face now close to his, removing the knife from his hand, causing Steve to sigh with relief.

Hesitantly, I wrap my arms around his shaking torso. My head resting on his chest. I can hear his heart beating rapidly. His hair still plaited messily in two. 'I didn't kill him Chrissy. He just...he just...' Eddie says as he begins to cry, I feel his head nestling into my hair.

'Shh it's ok.' I whisper gently.

'He was lying in the road so I went to help him...' He carries on still crying. 'But then he like levitated and his... his  bones began to break.' Eddie begins hyperventilating. I run one of my hands through his hair, in attempt to calm him down.

I look at the others exchanging glances. 'I know I sound  crazy.' He says stuttering slightly but his breath slowing slightly.

'No you don't actually.' Steve replies.