IV

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

After walking for what felt like six hours, the Doctor was absolutely positive that he had shown his Bonded the majority of his ship. He considered it to be the majority because he didn't actually know how many rooms she held. Every time he had thought that he'd seen it all, a completely new space would pop up out of nowhere.

Glancing over his suit-covered shoulder, the Time-Lord smiled at his Bonded as she walked behind him. Held tightly in her grasp, was a leather-bound version of Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol. It was very fitting considering when their first adventure had taken place.

On the way back from the tour, the Doctor had taken Aster back into the library after she had asked to read a book in the console room. It hadn't taken her long to find her book of choice, though admittedly, she was confused by the cover and how it was bound in black leather.

It had taken him just under five minutes to explain that some species covered the books in Ghastotol leather to prevent them from getting damaged. Ghastotol Leather was the strongest leather in the universe, having been forged in the pits of its namesake, Ghastotoliana.

Gripping the book with nimble fingers, Aster flicked through the pages as she mouthed the words. Her focus was on nothing other than the book which meant that the Doctor had to save her from walking into walls. No matter how many times she apologised, he always waved it off with a smile.

Glancing up from the pages, Aster stumbled into the Doctors arms as she just missed the top step into the console room. "Whoa," the Doctor grinned, although his eyes shone with worry. Gripping her arms gently, he lowered his head to catch a glimpse of her mahogany orbs. "You okay?"

With cheeks as red as Kaihalulu Beach, Aster quickly took a step back, clutching the book to her chest. "Yeah," she mumbled quietly, trying to swallow down her embarrassment. "I'm sorry again." She apologised.

The Doctor opened his mouth to tell her that it was fine when she spoke once more. "Uncle Charlie always said that whenever I read, I take a holiday" she chuckled softly. "There was this one time, I was reading a book that a very close friend had lent me and I was so entranced that when I put it down, I found myself halfway to Seattle."

Aster watched as the man's brows pinched in surprise, "And where were you staying at the time?" He asked, holding her arm as he walk them down the somewhat steep steps, being careful to not let her slip.

Pulling her lips into a thin line, Aster winced. Scratching the side of her head in embarrassment, she lowered her gaze to the floor. "Forks, Washington."