IX

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Pressing her hand against her mouth, Aster leaned her side against the wall as a nauseating feeling pooled in the bottom of her stomach. Swallowing thickly, she blew out a deep breath.

Crouching down, she pressed her palms against her knees and gagged. Coughing, she barely registered someone rubbing her back up and down in a soothing manner. "I'm okay," she muttered before gagging again.

Eventually, the small amount of food she had eaten, had escaped her stomach and piled onto the floor. "I'm sorry," Aster sniffed when she realised that some of it had gotten on River's shoes.

"It's fine," River assured her with an unfazed smile. She'd seen and dealt with a lot worse so a little bit of sick was nothing. "How are you feeling?" She asked, patting her Godmothers back.

"Like hell," Aster answered as she blew out a deep breath. Closing her eyes, she pressed her tongue to the corner of her top lip. "My body hurts," she told her, swallowing thickly. "My chest feels tight and I just want to go to bed."

"Okay," River said softly. Wrapping her arm around the brunette's shoulder, she tilted her head down. "We need to get you to a hospital." With a nudge, she attempted to get the woman to stand but she refused.

"No," Aster shook her head. That was the last place she wanted to go. "I'm fine. All I need is a good few hours of sleep and I'll be back to normal," she said, her gaze pleading. "I just want to go home."

"You understand how serious this is, right?" River asked, crouching down in front of the woman. "Not only have you smacked your head, but you also got electrocuted. Aster, you need to go to a hospital."

"Riv," Aster looked up, her bloodshot eyes meeting her friends. She didn't want to make a big fuss but seeing the determination pressed against River's face, she sighed reluctantly. "Fine." Swallowing thickly, she shook her head. "But you have to call my mum."

River let out a breath of relief. "Thank you," she said. Reaching forward, she hooked Aster's arm over her shoulder and began leading them out of the back alley they had arrived in. If she remembered correctly, the closest hospital was the Royal Hope.

Making their way down the street, the two had slipped into a comfortable silence. Their steps were slow, moving at a snail's speed. Aster's limbs burned with every jostle she made. Limping, she clung tightly to her friend.

Now that she was back in her time, her mind wandered back to her mum and the Doctor. She hoped that when River called, they wouldn't freak out. The last time she had been in the hospital, Jackie had been warned by the staff to stop screaming in their faces.