Chapter 20

Am I exaggerating over that kissed? I guess I am. But he really caught me off guard.

"Mommy" I was struck out of my thoughts when Ria called me "let's sleep already, Daddy told me to call you." I just nodded at her and we head up stairs already to sleep.

Jongin was the one who read the kids their bedtime stories and I was just there watching them. I secretly took out my phone and captured this precious moment. If only I just him earlier then, maybe If I havent deprived him and our kids 6 years of that.

I went to my room and prepared myself to sleep. Tomorrow we'll be a busy day for us since we're planning to go out but mom and dad are preparing to leave but we'll be back home early cause our flight is on the next day and we have a lot to pack.

Jongin's POV

Coming here to jeju island is one of the best decision I have ever made. I got to spend more time with the kids and also Jen. I'm actually glad that her business trip got cancelled. Honestly, I would want to spend the new year with us complete, together with my family.

I know after the new year they'll be going back to the states and I am mot even sure if they'll be even hear on my birthday, I hope they will. Cause it would be my first time to spend it with the kids.

We still has a lot to talk about us, the kids and what's gonna happen next but we'll just cross the bridge when we get there I guess.

Eomeonim and Abeoji are leaving tomorrow even if its christmas day. Yet I think that its just normal for Jen cause I remember back then she would celebrate the holidays alone but I firmly told her not to and brought her to my family to spend it with us.

"Jongin" I looked behinde to see who was calling me, and it was Jen's mom.

She gestured that I should sit to the nearby chair.

"I know that you must be angry at Jennie-" I was about to talk but she gestured me to wait, and I nodded in response "but honestly Jongin, she have always wanted to let you know about the twins, about their lives" she let out a deep sigh and a sad smiled appeared on her lips "but fate was cruel to her, to both of you, I believe. I know Jennie already told you about the twins life, but I also would like to ask a favor for you"

"Wait, until she can fully open herself up to you again. Take care of my daughter and grandchildren for us Jongin" she said.

Fully open herself up to me again?

What does she mean by that?

I decided to not let what Mrs. Kim told me bother me and headed up to my room and let sleep swallow me.

Jennie's POV

"Mommy wake up!"

"Mommy wake up already!"

I was awakened by my kids shouting making me wake up and basically dragging my feet off on my bed.

The moment I properly opened my eyes, I was already on the kitchen. With Jongin wearing an apron and frying bacons and making waffles. I didn't knew he can cook now.

"Morning" he said and smiled at me.

"Goodmorning to you too Jongin" I greeted back. That's when I realized my disheveled bed hair and I haven't even brushed my teeth yet!

I hurriedly excused myself and rush to my bathroom to fix and wash my face.

I greeted also my members and close friends a merry christmas. Mom and Dad already left earlier.

I return back to the kitchen to see the kids already in their seats while Jongin is finishing what he is cooking. I grab the milk carton and pour milk on the kids glasses