10. Ares

"I'll text you." Then she walks away. I fucked up, I do wanted to kiss her. How can I feel something like that, without touching her. I realise I brought her here and she is going to walk home alone. I run after her. Once outside I don't see her. I get in my car and drive away, after a minute I see her. I ride next to her and roll my window down. "Evely, get in the car. You can't walk alone this late, love" "I do it all the time Ares" "Please I could never forgive myself if something happend, because I didn't bring you home." "Okay" I stop the car and she gets in. "I'm sorry Evely." "You don't have to apologise Ares. It's okay. I just didn't want to make it awkward that's why I walked away." "Okay" the rest of the ride we're silent. When we get back I drop her off and drive into my garage. Once I my apartment I get a message from Jonah. Did you seriously ditch my party man? - Sorry, I was really tired. - Then why are you still awake? - Did you went off with Lilly? - No - With who then? - Just an old friend. - So you ditched my party for some chick? Did you even get laid. - Goodbye Jonah. - So you did?? I ignore his last text and walk into my bedroom. I see her trough her window. I choose to leave her alone and walk into the bathroom. Me trying to kiss her, it was stupid. I shouldn't have, why did I even think about it? I turn on the shower and take off my clothes. When I step underneath the water, it's still cold. The cold water runs along my body. I wash off the day and get out of the shower. I'm tired and head off to bed. I wanted her to kiss me back, I think about the times in the orphanage. She said I changed a lot. Maybe it's for the best, I have never been in a stable place in my life until now. It's for the best I changed, I've never been better.

I wake up, my head hurts. I get ready to go to work, but I realise I don't work on Saturdays. I walk into my kitchen, it's a big kitchen with an island. I open my fridge and make some toast with egg. I take my breakfast to the couch and put on the tv. I put on the news, but there is nothing new. I put on something else and eat my breakfast. I still need to do some furniture shopping. I don't even have dining table. I text my mother and ask her if she wants to go with me. She says yes. I do a lot of things with my mom. Even tho I only know her for a few years she feels like my real mother. I share a lot with her. I put on some clothes and head out to pick her up.

"Hello" "Hi son, how are you?" "I'm good, you?" "Great, where did you want to go?" "I was thinking about Ikea maybe? I don't know a lot about decorating my house." "We'll go to IKEA first and I know some other great shops too." "Great" we head off.

Once I'm home we bring everything we bought inside. I also ordered something that will arrive tomorrow. It's was a great day together with her. She is always so sweet and talks to me about everything. We put everything in its place and then I hear my door bell ring. I have no clue who that would be. I walk to the door and see her standing there. "Hello? What are you doing here Evely?" "I just wanted to apologise about yesterday, I made it so weird. But wow this building, your apartment it's so big." She walks into my apartment past me and looks around with big eyes. Then she see my mom. "Ohh hello you must be his adoptive mom? I'm Evely great to meet you." "Hello, I'm Sarah pleased to meet you. How do you know Ares?" "Well we're old friends, we got in touch again. I live in the apartment building next to here." "Well Ares never mentioned you." "Oh well we just met again, mom." I say. "Well I will leave you two alone, I'll call an Uber." Sarah walks away.