2. Ares

I don't feel a lot, I don't feel emotions not as other people do. I never felt happy or sad, but when I met her I could. It's been 10 years since I was taken away for her. I left her, alone in that building , that house that was never her home nor was it my. I only stayed there over a year before I was sent away to the next foster family. And when I came back she was gone. Since my parents died I never stayed in one place longer than a year. I wish I could've stayed longer, not because it was a nice place, but because she was there. My best-friend she made me feel things, because of her I could feel emotions. I could feel sad and happy and angry and surprised. You could say it was just a childhood friend, but for me it was more. I would do anything to find her again and just talk about everything. She had helped me a lot, but we were to young to understand what we meant to each other. Everyday I walk down the street hoping to see her.

I walk in the rain underneath my umbrella, it's a rainy day. I enter a coffee shop down my new street, I just moved into a new apartment. I drink my coffee as I'm walking to my new office. My company just opened a new location here in New York. The last family I lived with were rich, really rich. They helped me start up my own business, 5 years later I have a multi million dollar company in real estate. I'm only 23 and I have enough money to live the rest of my life. I would say I'm happy that I made it so far, but I don't know what it feels like to be happy. The only and last time I was happy I was with her, Evely.

As I walk back in the evening I'm thinking about nothing but the music in my ears. I walk through the door of my new apartment building and I enter the elevator. "Hello" I say to my neighbour. "Hi" she says back. "How are you?" I would say I'm great, but I don't feel like it. I don't feel like anything. "I'm fine. You?" I ask her. "I'm fine too" "Great" I say awkwardly. She lives on the sixth floor. I live at the top of the building, in my own penthouse. It's big and empty, I still have to buy a lot more furniture. It has big windows and great view. I get a call as I enter my front door, it's my assistant . "Hi, I was calling you to see if you had read the paperwork I send you?" "Well I haven't Mitch, I told you already that I wasn't going to. I asked Joyce to read it and she said that it was useless for me to read." "Oh, well I thought it was important." "Well, Joyce didn't. Also why are you calling me at this time, I thought you were off after six?" "Yes, sorry boss. I will not call you after six anymore." "Mitch, just go do something other than work, please." "Yes I will." "Great" I hang up the phone and walk to my couch. It's a big couch in the middle of an empty room. I watch tv, for the rest of the night and eat some instant noodles. It's 12 am as I'm ready for bed. I stand in front of my window looking at the old building next to me. I see a woman, it's hard to see but she looks in her twenties and has light brown hair and is reading a book, I can't make up what book. Then she sees me. We are staring at each other, I wave at her not knowing what to do. She waves back to me, she looks sad. I realise I'm not wearing an shirt, just my grey sweats. She points at her shirt and then at me. I laugh and put my hands up like I don't know. She smiles back at me, a genuine smile.