year 3 | chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Where'd you get it?" I asked.

"Nicked it from Filch's office, of course," Fred answered. "First year."

"Now, listen," George said. "There are seven secret passageways out of the castle. We'd recommend..."

"This one," they both said, pointing together.

"The One-Eyed Witch passageway. It'll lead you straight into Honeyduke's Cellar," Fred elaborated. "But you best hurry. Filch is heading this way."

"Oh, and, don't forget," George said, pulling out his wand. "When you're done just give it a tap and say..."

"Mischief managed," they said in unison as George tapped the paper with his wand. The ink began disappearing. "Otherwise, anyone can read it." With that, Harry and I took off up the stairs to find the secret passageway.

Harry lifted a floor tile up, and the twins were right. We climbed out and were in Honeyduke's cellar. We threw on the invisibility cloak and headed up the stairs. Inside, Honeyduke's was even more amazing than I'd pictured. It was bright and cheerful, and every type of candy imaginable lined the walls.

We began walking towards the Shrieking Shack, knowing our friends said they didn't get the chance to see it last time.

"Do you want to move a bit closer?" I heard Hermione say. I could barely see them in the distance, but sure enough, the two were standing right next to each other.

"Huh?" Ron questioned.

"To the Shrieking Shack?" Hermione clarified.

"Actually, um, I'm fine here," Ron said nervously.

"Why are they standing so close?" I muttered, feeling slightly jealous.

"It's cold?" Harry said, confused. It was then we saw Draco and his goons cutting across, heading for our friends.

"Well, well, look who's here?" Draco taunted, causing them to turn around. "You two shopping for your new dream home? Bit grand for you, isn't it Weaselby? Don't your family sleep in, uh, one room?"

I went to run forward and tackle Draco, but Harry quickly stopped me, shaking his head. I huffed.

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy," Ron replied, glumly. Ron's expression made me want to knock the daylight out of Draco.

"Ooh, not very friendly," Draco commented. "Boys, I think it's time we teach Weaselby how to respect his superiors."

"Hope you don't mean yourself!" Hermione laughed, stepping in front of Ron.

I went to go help, but Harry stopped me and motioned towards the ground. I looked at him quizzically as he bent down and picked up some snow. He patted the ball together before chucking it right at Malfoy. I smirked. Maybe Harry did have a good plan after all.

"Who's there?!" Draco said, looking around nervously. I packed together some snow and threw it as hard as I could at him. It felt good.

Harry and I began lobbing snowballs at him as all five of them looked around for the source. The Slytherin boys backed away and began panicking.

"Don't just stand there, so something!" Draco shoved Crabbe.

"What?!" he asked, throwing his hands up as they continued to be pelted with snowballs. It took everything in me not to start laughing.

I pulled the beanie over one of the boys eyes while Harry pulled down Crabbe's pants. While he was bent over trying to pull them back up, Harry and I kicked him, causing him to fall on his face. Ron and Hermione couldn't help but laugh.