Chapter 18

I dropped to the ground and began to cry with my head into my eyes and cried. Standing right in the door way is my very brother Jackson in his army uniform. He smiled and came in with flowers and walked up the steps.

"Hey Emmie," Jackson said sitting on the step. Emmie is what only my brother calls me, and I call him Jax, the rest of the family called me Ems.

I cried and looked up. Seeing his bright smile made me calm a bit but tears still rolled down my face, messing up my mascara. He had me the flowers and made me smile. Jax got up and looked down at me and held out his hand. I smiled and took his hand and he pulled me up. He pulled me into a hug and I looked over Jax's shoulder to see Zayn smiling at us reuniting for almost a year apart. 'Thank you'll I lipped talked to Zayn, he smiled and nodded.

We departed from the long hug and looked at each other and he held my head gently in his hands and wiped the tears off of face and kissed my forehead. Of course Zayn knows that we're just brother and sister and doesn't mind that he kissed me.

"Was he the one you were talking to one the phone the other night?" I asked Zayn when he was coming up to the steps.

"Yeah, I just wanted you happy," Zayn smiled giving me a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and whispered "Thanks." I sniffed.

We sat down on the tan couch and listened to Jax as he talked about his life in Afghanistan so far for the past 10 months.

"How long are you staying here?" I asked Jax.

"For a week, so why are you here? Why aren't you living with mom and dad's?" He said.

I explained to him about what was going on and how I ended up here and he nodded as if he understood. "Oh. How's Evan? Do you know how he's doing?" Jax asked curiously.

I frowned and looked down playing ith Zayn's fingers who had his hand on my leg. Trying to fight the tears I managed to say something. "H-he's dead, A son of a bitch killed him, someone kidnapped him and I wasn't there because I was already here," I said with a lump in my throat then everything fell silent.

"Oh..." Jackson said quietly. Tears began to roll down his face and that made me lose it, I began to cry and put my head on Jackson's chest. It didn't last long though just for only 2 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After dinner I gave Jax a towel and some of Zayn's old clothes that should fit him and showed him to the shower so he can shower off.

When he got out I told him he can and sleep in my room for the week so he can at least sleep on something comfortable and not the couch. He kept refusing but I didn't listen then he managed to agree and went off to bed.

"You can sleep on the bed with me for the week Emma," Zayn offered.

I looked at him. "Ok but it'll seem odd though," I laughed.

And we went off to bed.

Almost 300 reads! Thanks!