Ch.12 Bridge crossing

The Wonderlandians soon came to a cliff, they looked down only to see fog, but it looked like along drop. They saw that the trail continued to the other side.

"Well now what?" Bunny asked.

Alistair then spotted a bridge "There's a bridge" he pointed as they went over to the bridge. The bridge was secured with ropes and wooden planks were the steps.

"This looks dangerous" Tony said.

"Well we gotta cross it" Alistair said as he held onto the rope rail and took a step on the first plank, the plank didn't break "Yeah it's fine".

"I'm don't trust this bridge" Lizzie said "What if it snaps-".

Before Lizzie could finish, a loud scream was heard from behind, coming out from the shadows were the Hunter and Ashlynn dolls, the Hunter doll carried an ax while the Ashlynn doll carried a dagger. They both gave a loud scream/roar as they charged towards the Wonderlanders.

"Everyone cross the bridge!" Alistair yelled as they all ran across the bridge being careful not to fall. But then, Lizzie felt herself falling through a broken plank.

"Lizzie!" Kitty cried as she quickly grabbed Lizzie's wrist.

"I knew I shouldn't of trust this bridge!" Lizzie yelled as everyone tried to pull her up.

But the Hunter and Ashynn doll were already on the bridge coming towards them. But at that time, Alistair fell though the bridge but the ropes that held the planks held up from falling down.

"Alistair!" Maddie cried as she tried to reach her arm down, but he was way down for her to reach him. Alistair tried to pull himself up, but a rope then broke off which brought him down some more. At that time, Lizzie was finally pulled up, and the Hunter and Ashlynn doll finally caught up to them, Hunter swung his ax at Marchness, but he shoved him back onto Ashlynn and they both fell down, but not off the bridge.

"I could use some help here!" Alistair called as everyone tried to reach their arms down, but he was too far. But then the Hunter and Ashlynn doll got up and headed towards them. Dina shot pepper bullets at them which caused them to collapse. Just then, another rope that held Alistair snapped and he went down some more that he had to grab onto a line of rope to keep himself still. But then the Hunter doll used his ax to cut the rope rail which caused the bridge to tilt, but the Wonderlandians quickly held onto the other rail before they could fall, if they would let go, they would slip and fall off the bridge and down to whatever was at the bottom. Another rope that held Alistair suddenly snapped and held onto the rope tighter, there was now only 2 ropes left that held him, just 2 snaps and he'll fall.

"Don't worry Alistair we'll find a way" Maddie said.

"Can you hurry?" he asked in a scared tone "One of the ropes is about to snap!" he looked at the rope that held his legs, it had a tear that was beginning to snap.

"We're thinking" Bunny said as she kicked the Ashlynn doll away "It could be easier if Hunter and Ashlynn would leave us alone".

Just then, the rope that held Alistair's leg snapped. He was now clinging onto the last rope.

"Does anyone have anything that could save him?" Lizzie asked.

"I can't find anything useful in my hat" Maddie said as she looked in her hat.

"I can't hang on much longer!" Alistair cried as he felt his hands burn up and turn red, but when things couldn't get any worse, he saw that the rope was about to snap "Oh great".

The Hunter and Ashlynn doll held up their weapons getting ready to strike, but Lizzie used her hobby horse to whack them back.

"Wait!" Kitty said as she pulled out a bottle filled with some magic sand "Maybe this can help, 'Levitation sand'" she read off the bottle.

"Quick pour it on me!" Alistair said as he felt himself about to slip.

But before Kitty could pour the sand on him, the rope Alistair was gripping suddenly snapped and he plunged down!

"Alistair!" everyone screamed as Kitty quickly poured the sand hoping it was get on Alistair. Everyone waited for something to happen, just then, they saw a shadow beneath the fog, and out from the fog flew Alistair, the levitation sand was able to get on him.

"Alistair!" everyone gasped in delight.

"Wow" he said as he flew around "This levitation sand really works".

All of a sudden, everyone felt the bridge wobble, the Hunter and Ashlynn doll had gone back to the other side, Hunter then raised his ax above the other rope line.

"Quick to the other side!" Lizzie yelled as they all did their best to run to the other side with out falling, Alistair has flown to the other side and held onto the rope rail. But before they could make it, Hunter cut the rope rail and the bridge fell, everyone quickly ran to the other side, but Bunny, Marchness and Cari were still on the bridge as it fell, but they grabbed hold of some planks before they could fall.

"You guys ok?!" Maddie called down to them.

"A little" Bunny shivered.

"Well try to climb back up" Dina said as they all started to climb the planks like a ladder until they finally reached the top and everyone helped him up.

"That was way too close" Maddie said.

"But as least we finally make it" Tony said "And we're all still in one piece".

"Here Alistair" Kitty handed him the Normal sand as he poured it on himself.

"Good thing we brought that levitation sand" he said.

"I told you these would come in handy" Kitty grinned.

Man! That was close! They all almost died! Good thing Kitty brought that sand