chapter 2

NATALIA ELYSE DELAVIN
Los Angeles, California

"Yes, I just arrived at the house... yes, I'll meet you in a week... at your office... mhm I know what to do. Alright, whatever."

I placed my phone on my bed and started unpacking some of my clothes. Luckily I have been in L.A for around six times because of work so already bought myself a house and a car here.

It's just a two-story house filled with security systems and a car. I have people clean my house and car before arriving here because who knows how long I'll be staying in this place and I don't want to stay somewhere where I can easily be seen.

Once I finished unpacking, I went to the bathroom and changed my clothes into an oversized white hoodie, denim shorts, and white sneakers. I tied my hair into a messy bun and put on light make-up, and my rings.

"I need to go grocery shopping damn." I stared at my fridge and the pantry to see nothing inside.

Well, I did say to clean the house but I forgot to ask them to fill my pantry. It didn't matter anyway. I'll just go to the supermarket and buy the things I need.

I took my small sling bag and grabbed my keys before driving off to the supermarket. Hopefully,there ares not too many people there.

"Thank heavens," when I arrived at the parking area, there were not many cars in the place. So I guess there are fewer people here.

I got out and grabbed a cart and started to go through every section one by one.

Good thing I know how to cook.

I took every basic ingredient and spice I need in cooking. Also some fruits, vegetables, meat, drinks, biscuits, chips, chocolates, candies, ice cream, you name it.

I filled one cart with food, and now I took another cart and started to fill it up with basic necessities that I need like shampoos, soap, and the like.

"Fucking finally!" I mumbled when I completed everything I need.

I know I'll be staying here a little longer than expected since my job here is a bit difficult.

Besides, I prefer cooking for myself rather than eating out or ordering food.

I was passing by the toy section since it was the shortest way to the cashier when I almost hit a kid with the cart.

"Fuck."

I immediately rant towards the kid and help him stand up. It was a boy around three I guess and he was holding a toy airplane.

"Where on earth are your parents, kid? Letting you wander all by yourself. You could get yourself killed by getting hit by a damn shopping cart."

The boy looked at me as if he were studying my face while I raised a brow at him. "The hell are you looking at little demon? Go now shoo."

"Auntie Avy!" he cheered raising his hands.

I'm not carrying a random stranger's child.

"Auntie Avy! Auntie Avy! Carry!"

Stop calling me that. That's not my name damn.

Wait...

Black hair and green eyes same as mine. Looks like a mini version of Cole, then he called me Auntie Avy.

Oh.

"You must be an offspring of one of my biologicals." I snickered. "I wonder if you are his son."

I have no idea about how they are right now. All I know is they're all happy and alive. I didn't even know he has a son. Great at hiding I guess.