XXXI. realisations

Chapter Status: Edited. 

"You can both work on weekdays and have the weekends off" Blue suggests.

"I'm cool with that" I nod.

I look at Anna to see if she agrees, which she does with a simple nod of her head. Ever since I told her everything that's been going on, Anna's been slightly off. I understand though, if she told me out of the blue she might be killed by her childhood friend in a few weeks I'd be upset as well Yeah, that doesn't sound fun at all; I just hope I'm right about the whole "I'll be fine" thing. Lately I've secretly been wondering if this is all actually going to happen the way Pan says it will. I'd never admit it to Anna or Henry or anyone for that matter; I've barely come to terms with it myself. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anyone other myself or Pan gets hurt when that number on my arm reaches 0.

"Feel free to write book suggestions down and have a read when you get bored, it's only active when the school kids are around," Blue explains.

"At least it'll be quiet," Anna smiles at the brunette.

Melancholy took over my emotions at that moment, I can see the sadness swimming in her blue eyes and it made me feel sick with guilt. But I swallow it down, I can tell Anna's trying to fight it and she will soon feel better when she realises there's nothing to worry about. But is there something to worry about? I haven't thought too hard about the pain and horrors I could experience if I do end up in Neverland. The last thing I need is to be infected by Dreamshade and spend the rest of eternity with Pan and his lost boys.

I snap back into reality, I can't miss anything else because I sure will end up with more on my plate if I don't listen.

"You can work 9 'til 5, every day one person can scan the books and the other can put books back on the shelves and help customers. Are there any questions?" Blue briefly explains.

"Yes, how much do we get paid?" Anna asks with a hint of mischief in her eyes.

I knew she'd come back sooner or later, thank god it was sooner or I would've begun to worry.

"About $20 an hour, does that sound good?" Blue replies with a small smirk.

Anna and I both nod our heads quickly.

"Good, you can start on Monday, for the first few days I'll run you through how everything works and then you should be good on your own," she smiles.

"Thank you so much, we really needed this," I smile.

"Yeah, Tahlia and Henry are moving in with me and we have to pay rent," Anna adds.

"That's exciting, moving out of home," Blue smiles.

Then her smile falters and she leans in slightly closer, her voice becoming just above a whisper.

"How did Regina take it?" she asks snoopily.

She sounds as though she is afraid Regina will hear, even though she isn't here. To be fair, I would be worried as well.

"Not very well, she doesn't like me that much and hasn't really met Anna before," I reply.

Anna and Regina had a brief meeting when we went to her house to return Henry's things; she was not pleased with me that day.

"Good luck you two, Regina's tough to please," Blue warns.

"So we've seen" Anna mumbles.

Blue doesn't seem to hear since we were already at the door.

"Goodbye, see you Monday!" I call.