14.

the cell phone fell slowly.

It comes crashing to the ground, the glass splits and scatters in the air, and the shock of the shell and the floor makes the device bounce to send it a little further. The screen went out and never came back on.

Jeonghan was standing, barefoot in the shards of glass produced by the fall of his phone.

His eyes were wide open, his mouth slightly ajar. He was frozen as if he was in a state of trance.

The last text of Jisoo.

He was so astonished that he had unconsciously dropped his cell phone.

Now he was sure that this one was broken.

But he didn't care.

Jisoo had clearly just told him that he had loved him.

He had suspected as much, but his message had instead reminded him of his feelings for him.

When he asked him if they could meet, it was obviously to see what he looked like but also... To confess the feelings he was starting to develop.

Everything blurred in his mind.

He loved Jisoo. He fell in love with his personality. Whether he's a girl or a boy wouldn't change that.

He felt so stupid.

Her heart clenched in his chest.

He was suffering.

But what Jisoo had to endure must have been much harder to handle.

Jeonghan had destroyed the only person he loved.

Slowly, he stood up.

He walked to his front door.

Put on a pair of socks and tied his shoes.

Put, with an unpleasant clatter, his key ring in his pocket.

He opened his door.

And ran into the storm.