Chapter 27

"I really don't care who you are. You still can't see him," Adam growled.

"We already know that you aren't going to tell us anything okay?" Joe shouted. "We're done talking to you. We need to talk to Chris!"

"My father is busy recovering from having a stroke. He doesn't need you all here interrogating him."

"I thought that I heard some yelling out here. You boys must be here to ask me about Amelia," an older gentleman said entering the room.

"Dad, you should be in bed resting," Adam said rushing over to his side. The Jonas brothers took in the sight of the man their sister had always thought was her father. He was tall and wide all at once. He smiled broadly ignoring the fussing of his son. Right at this moment he had a welcoming aura about him that engulfed the entire room. All the boys had no doubt that he could snap them like a twig if he so chose.

"Stop fussing over me Adam," Chris said pushing him away. "I had one little stroke. I'm not dead yet."

"Why did you sign the papers to commit Amelia?" Kevin asked tired of waiting.

"I see y'all have gotten straight to the point. Who told you I had her committed? Did Amelia finally come back from hiding out at David's?"

"Why would she be at David's?" Nick asked.

"So she hasn' t reappeared then. Darn that stubborn girl. Well I suppose that we didn't teach her any better by keeping it all a secret in the first place."

"Keeping what a secret?!?" Joe screeched in frustration.

"Her commitment to a mental institution. I thought that was what you wanted to ask me about?"

"Why did you do it?" Kevin asked. "Why did you put her into a mental institution?"

"Because that's where you go when you kill your unborn baby," a familiar voice called out from behind them. All of them turned to see Amelia standing there watching them with bloodshot eyes. David stood behind her seemingly holding her up.

"It's time for you to tell them everything," David said with a nudge. "Just start from the beginning like when you told me." Amelia took a deep breath and began to tell her story.

[AN: So we are nearing the end here. But I just came up with an idea for a second season!]