Chapter 22

[One month later]

Amelia smiled as she kissed the man in the driver’s seat of the car. His kisses had always been so addicting.

“You need to stop wearing that mint lipgloss. [AN: I actually own some mint gloss that makes my lips tingle when I wear it.] Whenever I kiss you it makes my lips tingle,” David said smiling down at her.

“Then don’t kiss me,” Amelia said with a giggle. [Amelia and David are together! Yay!]

“Yeah. That’s not going to happen,” he said pulling her lips back up to his. It was a long time before they finally separated.

“This has been fun, but I need to go,” she said pulling open the passenger door. “It’s a twenty minute drive back to the house from here.” He looked over to her car parked in the lot next to them.

“About that,” David said grabbing her arm to stop her, “I think we should tell your family about us.”

“There’s nothing to tell. You and I meet up to sleep together. We’re not in a relationship. Try to remember that,” Amelia said as she left the vehicle. David groaned and rested his head against the headrest. He wanted so much more; why didn’t she?

*****

Amelia closed the front door of the house as quietly as possible. It would be better if they thought she had been here the entire time. She snuck past her brother Nick in the living room making out with his girlfriend Nicole. She paused to watch Nicole glance at her watch as Nick kissed her neck. Somebody really should tell him that his girlfriend was actually interested in Joe. She only ever got lovey dovey when Joe entered the room. She entered the kitchen and grabbed an apple taking a huge bite from it.

“So where were you tonight?” Amelia turned around in fright dropping her apple. She glared at Joe who only smiled. “Don’t tell me you were at Selena’s because I just got off the phone with her, and I know you weren’t there.”

“Since when did you become my father?” Amelia asked.

“He knows you’re sneaking out all the time too.” Amelia’s face flared red as she watched her brother.

“I’m a grown woman. I don’t have to justify anything to you,” she said stomping up the stairs.

*****

Joe sighed before picking up his phone and placing it to his ear. “Now do you believe that she won’t tell me anything?”

“It was worth a try. Thanks anyways, Joe.” Adam said hanging up. He was worried about his sister. She was hiding things again. He looked over at his daughter Molly. He was hiding things as well. Things that would devastate her. The phone in his hand rang once again. “Hello?”

“This is Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. Is this Adam Cooper?”

“Yes,” Adam replied. His eyes widened as he listened to the call. “Thank you. I’ll be right there.” He looked up to see his wife Eve enter the room.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“It’s my dad. He had a stroke.”

“I’ll drive. You call your sister.”

*****

David slammed his keys onto the end table and let his coat fall to the floor. He was more mad at himself than anything. He knew it had been a bad idea to start a secret relationship with Amelia.

[FLASHBACK]

“Amelia wait! Stop running for one damn minute!” he shouted as she came to a halt in a park. She turned to face him with indecision in her eyes. “You can’t leave me again without an explanation!” She launched herself at him kissing him hard. He relaxed into the kiss, but forced himself to pull away.

“This is what you wanted all those years ago right? To keep us a secret?” Amelia asked.

“I just wanted to spare you the celebrity life. People never leave you alone. I was trying to protect you.”

“This is your last chance. You can have what you asked for all those years ago. You can date anyone you want in the public eye and still have me. Your secret something on the side. What’s it going to be David?” With momentary hesitation he pulled her close and kissed her hard. He would take what he could get for now.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

He had made that decision hoping that he could convince her that they could be something more. It was a month later, and she continued to keep him far away. He sat down on the couch looking over at the framed picture on his end table. It held a picture of him and Amelia from when they first met. He smiled at the photo wondering when he would get the old Amelia back.

[AN: There you go twilightlover123esme. Now you know what David did. ;)]