Chapter 18

Danielle looked around the table noting an obvious tension in the air. It appeared all was not well with the Jonas siblings. She eyed her husband and sighed. Even Kevin seemed upset about something. Normally she would ask Amelia what was going on, but she had been just as upset when they had met earlier for shopping.

"This is so nice," Denise said. "Our whole family is finally together under one roof. We should do this every week." Everyone nodded without looking at Denise. Dani couldn't stand to see everyone acting so sour.

"Dinner is delicious Denise. We should get together more often," Dani said overenthusiastically.

"I must admit that I had a specific reason for this family dinner," Paul said. "I have a special announcement to make about Amelia."

"What's going on dad?" Joe asked through a mouthful of food.

"Joe, chew first," his mother admonished.

"Sorry. You know I like to eat when I'm upset," Joe replied.

"Joe you like to eat no matter what," his mother said. Everyone at the table laughed finally relaxing. Dani finally began to relax once the rest of the family did.

"On to my announcement," Paul said. "Amelia you were such a hit at the concert that Hollywood Records is interested in producing you. They want you to record a few songs on your brothers' next album. If that goes well, you could get your own album by the end of the year. So what do you think?" Dani knew Amelia was shocked and thrilled at the same time.

"That's amazing. Thanks...dad," Amelia replied. Paul smiled when she called him dad. It was the first yime she had ever done so. Hearing a growl next to her Dani looked to see that the Jonas brothers were currently glaring at one another. Well, not Frankie but even Kevin had joined in on the tension. What on earth was going on with them?

"I have an announcement as well," Joe suddenly announced. Amelia had returned to her meal ignoring her fighting brothers. "I've started seeing someone."

"Oh yeah?" Nick asked. "Who?"  Joe seemed momentarily startled before he answered.

"Selena." Amelia choked on the bite of vegetable she had just taken. Dani turned and patted her back while handing her some water. They were both aware that Joe was lying. Selena had spent the entire afternoon shopping talking about how much she wished Nick would notice her. Before either of them could say anything a surprising voice rang out in the dining room.

"Is that true? Are you really dating Selena," the voice quietly asked. They all turned to see Nicole standing in front of them. Joe visibly gulped.

"Yes. Don't worry about Nick though Nicole. I understand the two of you are in love now," Joe said with a smirk. He stood up and left the table without another word. Maybe these family dinners weren't such a good idea Dani thought. Amelia leaned towards her to whisper in her ear.

"Two questions. If Joe is dating Selena then why didn't she tell us earlier? And if Nicole is dating Nick why is she acting so jealous towards Joe?" Amelia asked. Dani groaned placing her head in her hands.

"Honey, what's the matter?" Kevin asked leaning towards her.

"I'm starting to regret marrying into this family," Dani replied.

[AN: Ha. Ha. Poor Dani. Everyone is just making everything worse for themselves. ]