6. the s- word

Hi lovelies!!

Finally the chapter is here! Enjoy! :)

♡♡

"Oh, great! This man," The finger pointed out at Neil, showed off Aarohi's radiating anger, "who is intolerable for me, is going to be here for almost a week. Matlab zindagi kyun itni kharab hai meri?" Aarohi complained, with hands open in air and looking above, as if asking Gods about the injustice they did to her.

"Oh hello Madam! How can you speak like that? Ek toh main yahan tumhara sur- ow" Neil held onto his shoe-clad foot that was hit at by Kairav, who with his wide eyes and nervous laugh signalled in a no, making Neil's eyes widen. He was about to reveal everything! Damn!

Passing a guilty smile to Kairav, Neil looked back to where Aarohi stood with a suspicious frown and narrowed eyes looking at the two's exchange. When Neil looked at her, she recovered from her expression and rose her eyebrow, signalling him to continue. Clearing his throat, Neil said, "Servant, I mean. Ab tumhare ghar pe hoon, toh servant hi hua na, even if it's in the form of an employee."

"Well, my bad. I can't get rid of this haunting truth even if I want." Aarohi gave a tight-lipped smile dripping with sarcasm while Akshara rolled her eyes with a smile at her sister's antics and everybody else held back a chuckle.

The calm expression that had come on Neil's face had gone away the moment those words skipped out of Aarohi's mouth. He was downright furious. "What is your problem? Ek toh I'm here, stuck with you because I didn't know you were Dr. Aarohi Goenka. On top of it, you are hell bent on making it difficult for everybody."

While the banter went on, Manish, Swarna and Mimi were overwhelmed and surprised to witness memories. Memories that made them laugh, that gave them bitter-sweet pain and lovely warmth in their hearts that just never ceased to exist. While they were shocked to see Aarohi put in a different and all the more new intensity into this fight and man, they were overjoyed to see her lively and genuinely showcasing her emotions.

Sure, their Aaru princess had never let go of the love and liveliness she held but after the parents left them, her light had dimmed. She had closed herself off. She tried showing that she was there but they knew, she wasn't. She had lost everything a long back but had put on a facade.

"Aaru, aaru sun toh bacha." Realising that both the children were only getting nowhere, Akhilesh planned on interrupting them. When his words caught Aarohi, for that matter, everyone's attention, he nodded to himself in satisfaction and strode to her in two long steps. "Bacha, meri baat sun. You've just come home and you need to freshen up after exhausting patients and staff members who ate away your brain, yes?" Akhilesh smiled warmly at the sound of the soft chuckle that came from his favourite Goenka's mouth. Patting her head with affection, he beckoned her to leave while everyone else settled back amd she obliged not before giving a cold look to Neil indicating it was not over.