(Chapter 37) Strength

Hey guys, sorry for being gone for so long. I've barely had any motivation for a while since there's been a lot of stuff going on lately in my life, but I finally managed to write this chapter. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Midnight and Lilith watched as Gaia and Rosetta spoke to one another, while Guinevere stayed with Arthur in one of the Boar Hat's spare rooms. "Hey, be glad for the time you spent with them, you two. After all, it's not like we got the same chances both of you got." Lilith soothed. Gaia glared at the vampire as she spoke. "You have no place to talk in this conversation! How could you possibly understand how we feel at this moment?!" she yelled, causing Lilith to smile as she spoke. "Because I've been through the same thing you two have, but I never got the chance to see him again." she replied, looking out the window as she thought to herself. "Wait...what?" Rosetta asked, as Lilith sighed sadly before turning to look back at them. "I figured that Midnight had told you about that, but do you remember when you two saved me ten years ago in Edinburgh?" she asked, causing both to nod. Midnight spoke next, smiling at all of them. "And this is why I never want to have a relationship with anyone, ladies." she said, causing Lilith to laugh. "Sure, ok miss succubus, keep talking. We all know that you like-" Midnight clamped a hand over her mouth. "He doesn't count because I haven't seen him in a few thousand years." the demon hissed, causing Lilith to laugh. "What was his name, anyway?" Rosetta asked, looking at Lilith. "Orlondi, sound familiar?" she asked, causing Guinevere to perk up at the mention of a familiar name. However, she didn't say anything, since that could wait until later. As the group made their way to Liones, they saw an explosion in the distance. "Oh, I hope that Mael is alright. After all, we only just got back our memories of him, and I've been wanting to see how he reacts to Hendrickson." Rosetta said. Gaia smirked as she spoke. "Shall we start placing bets on how he'll react to him?" she asked, causing Lilith to speak first. "I say that whoever wins gets bragging rights, because you two," she pointed to Midnight and Gaia. "are both sore losers and welsh out when it comes to bets dealing with money." she said, causing Rosetta to laugh. "Ah, perhaps you're right. Well then, I'm betting on Mael actually liking him, what about you guys?" she asked. "My money's on him not liking Hendrickson." Midnight said simply. "Nah, I've got a little faith in him. I say he tolerates Hendrickson." Gaia commented. "My money's on him liking Hendrickson. After what all he's been through, I can't imagine he'd want Arcadia to go through more than she already has, too." Lilith said. Guinevere came out of the room for the first time in a little over a day, smiling. "If I know anything, it's that Mael doesn't like violence, so I'd assume that he'll let Hendrickson be, so long as he cares about and loves Arcadia." she said, before walking back into the room that Arthur was held in.

Meliodas, no, the Demon King, stood in front of the group as he spoke. "Thank you, Seven Deadly Sins, and to the rare animal that helped them." He said, causing Arcadia to turn to the man himself and glare at him. "That's not Meliodas, because the one I know wouldn't call Hawk a rare animal or some crap like that." She said, as she stared up at him. "Elizabeth, I've decided to lift your curse." The Demon King said, causing Hawk to snort in triumph before he spoke. "See, why can't you just be like that, huh?" He asked, walking closer to him. "However, once I do, I'm going to kill you as painfully and as brutally as possible." He said, grabbing Hawk in one of the large golden hands protruding from his back. "I wonder how he'll react to seeing his lover killed by his own hand." he said aloud, before Merlin sealed everyone in a Perfect cube, including Hawk, although he barely fit in his. However, the Demon King quickly destroyed Hawk's Perfect Cube, and grabbed him using one of the large golden arms that was protruding from his back. He looked at the animal in disgust. "I find your continued presence annoying, but I'll send you to your brother now." he said, starting to squeeze him harshly as he tried to crush him to death. Unfortunately for him, Ban arrived once again, grabbing Hawk and jumping out of the Demon King's reach. "Hey, Cap'n, can you hear me in there?" he asked, taunting the Demon King. "Well, look who's back." Merlin said. "Hey, Ban, you're just in time." Diane said, relieved. "Hey, idiot, you better be damn good at fighting, else we have an issue that you can't deal with." Arcadia called. "Ban, even if you're immortal-" King started. "Yeah, not anymore. I revived Elaine, and to do that, I had to give up the Fountain of Youth." Ban explained, causing Arcadia to facepalm. "I really hope he doesn't get himself killed." she mumbled to herself, as the Demon King spoke. "Oh you foolish child. Feast your eyes on the power of a god." He said, conjuring up an intense energy storm. It blew everyone around, and hit Arcadia, too. "Shit!" she yelled, grabbing onto Hendrickson as the two were sent flying. Just then, she felt the air around her still, as King used Chastiefol to put a barrier around them. "Nice call, you saved the two of us just now." she said, her hair and wings now a mess thanks to the strong energy storm. "Gowther, is he alright out there?" she asked, looking over at the doll. He looked out the barrier and then spoke. "As of now, a high level energy storm is brewing. There isn't anything that could possibly withstand the force of the storm out there." he said, causing Diane to tear up slightly. "Ban..." however, the energy storm broke after a minute or two, and there he was, fighting the Demon King.