(Chapter 14) Problems

~A few days later in Vaizel~

Arcadia wandered through Vaizel before she found what she was looking for: the annual Vaizel fighting festival. She went ahead of the others to restock on fabric due to the recent damages to the clothing that she had already made for the Boar Hat. The female smiled when she saw what she was looking for, and gladly bought some fabric for herself and for the tavern uniforms as well. She planned to make a new jacket for herself to wear in case the one she had on now got damaged beyond repair. After she was done shopping at the market, she went back to the tavern to put her new purchases away.

"Look, Mel is right, you being at the festival would cause panic. Besides, giants have been banned ever since an incident that happened years ago here at the festival." Arcadia told Diane, who pouted in response. Elizabeth offered to stay with her, which Arcadia thanked her for. "So, what are you going to do, Arcadia?" Elizabeth asked. Out of the corner of her eye, Arcadia saw it again: the blur of rose pink disappearing behind a tree behind the silver haired princess. She then put a hand on Elizabeth's shoulder. "I've got a few things I have to do, one of which I must do alone, unfortunately. I'll be back as soon as possible, but it might take me a while. Can you handle the tavern until we all get back?" She asked. The silverette nodded determinedly before she looked at Diane and nodded. Arcadia then left to explore the woods and speak to a certain fairy that had been following the tavern and the group as well.

Rosetta sighed as she looked up at the clouds as they lazily floated across the sky. Her vision was interrupted by Arcadia, who pinned her down before she could move. "Why the hell are you following me?" She asked, causing the fairy to sigh before speaking. "I thought you wouldn't notice, but perhaps I was wrong." She said, giving a sheepish smile before Molly flew down and perched on top of Arcadia's head. "I thought she was lost. How did you find her?" She asked. Rosetta smiled. "I saw some poachers trying to trap her, but I managed to grab her in time before they could." She explained, causing the platinum haired woman to curse under her breath as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Thank you." The lady said, holding the small dragon before Rosetta spoke again. "I also thought of joining you, but Gaia still needs someone looking out for her, so let's make a compromise." She proposed. Arcadia nodded, as if to prompt her to speak. "When the seal is broken, we'll meet up again at Edinburgh and-" Arcadia held up a hand. "Bad idea, that's the first place they'd go to regain their strength. How about we go to Camelot instead?" Arcadia advised, causing the fairy to nod in agreement. "It's settled then, we'll meet in-" she was interrupted by a large barrage of explosions firing towards Vaizel in the distance. "Oh for the love of all holy things, can there not be one day where they don't cause some stupid shit like this?! I swear that every time I'm not around, new problems come up to bite me!" She yelled, giving a hasty goodbye to the fairy before running off towards the fighting.

Arcadia ran towards where she sensed that Meliodas had activated his power, and stopped dead in her tracks as she saw the darkness that covered part of his body. He was sent flying by Helbram, who Arcadia saw take his dragon hilt sword. Shit, please not now, please not now, please not now. She thought to herself as Diane used her technique, Mother Earth, to create a large crater under a boulder made by her magic. Arcadia held Molly close as she flew over the raized town, surveying the damage. She then spotted Diane holding Meliodas as Ban held Elizabeth, King, and Hawk. The woman glided down to join them, looking at Meliodas worriedly. "So it begins again, huh?" She asked, but Elizabeth heard her. "What does?" She asked, causing Arcadia to shake her head. "There's troubling times coming, and soon enough, this place is going to be covered in bloodshed if time takes its course." She said, causing Elizabeth to look at her worriedly. "But don't worry, as long as you're safe, that's what matters." She reassured, but Elizabeth was still worried. "Is Sir Meliodas going to be alright?" She asked, causing Arcadia to smile softly as she gestured to said blonde. "How about you ask him?" She asked the girl. Meliodas rubbed his head as he woke up, and spoke to the others as Molly flew up and nuzzled him, flying off just before Ban punched him into a nearby rock pile. After they all got back to the tavern, Arcadia went to the storage unit and took out her communication crystal. It had been years, but she had to speak with her again, to warn her about the fast approaching threat to not only her, but to everyone and everything. She sighed softly before speaking to the crystal.

"Communicate, Lilith."

The crystal glowed faintly before she heard a soft voice from the crystal. "Well then, it's been a while, Arcadia. Why are you calling me? Why call me now?" she asked. The platinum haired lady on the other side of the communication spoke immediately. "They have the dragon key, and all they need left is the blood to complete the ritual. I know you're in Edinburgh, Lilith, so I figured that you would want to know that before it happens and it's too late." she warned, causing the vampiress to smile. "...yeah, you're right. I should probably leave if that's the case. However, the problem now is where I should go." she said. Arcadia thought alongside her before speaking again. She knew of Merlin's 'experiments' at her lab in Camelot, but only vaguely. However, she knew of one individual that was there that Lilith would love to see. "Hey, you remember how Ban killed your lover that night in Edinburgh, a little bit after he told you to run?" she asked. "Yeah, why bring up Orlondi now, though?" the ravenette asked, causing Arcadia to crack a smile. "He's alive, and he's in Camelot as well. If you asked to stay with Merlin, I have no doubt that you would get to see him again." she advised, causing the vampiress to smile. "Then I guess I'll go there." she said, thanking the lady before she ended the communication. Arcadia smiled as she sat against the headboard of the bed she stayed in, relaxing slightly. She then thought of Hana and Guinevere, and wondered where the two could be. She jolted forward as Hawk's mama stopped abruptly, before she sensed a demonic presence up ahead. She ran out the door as Meliodas and Ban agreed to run with King to where it was, and she recoiled in horror when she faintly sensed the presence of a Holy Knight. She then became surprised when she saw Gowther, holding an arrow that one of her old friends, Weinheidt, had shot at the beast. She smirked before walking out into the clearing as she spoke. "Well then, we meet again, Roars of Dawn." she said.