(Chapter 20) Reconciliation

A/N: Thought I would celebrate getting to twenty (two) chapters by giving you guys some art I drew of Arcadia. I know it's not too great but I still wanted to share it with you guys. Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter!

Hendrickson watched Arcadia walk out of the Cave of Trials, a look of triumph on her face as she did so. He hid behind the Training Cave and waited for Meliodas and Arcadia to get their powers back. After Meliodas went, it was Arcadia's turn. When the amber broke, the sky filled with a blinding light, shocking the others as Arcadia let her wings unfurl. It was then that Hendrickson knew who had fallen for him, and who he himself had fallen for. Arcadia was not a human, not an odd outlier compared to the others in the Holy Knight ranks, but a member of the Goddess Race. He watched as Arcadia's wings glowed, before she went back to normal. "I'm still the same, in case you wanted to know." She said sarcastically, walking over to Meliodas as he asked Merlin to teleport him over to where the Commandments were. "Wanna go with me?" He asked Arcadia, but she shook her head no. "Tell them that I said that their fighting game is ass, especially Galand." She said, smirking as he teleported away thanks to Merlin. She then told the others that she was going to go get the tavern, and she bid the druid chiefs farewell before going to get Hawk's mom and the Boar Hat.

Hendrickson was the last one through the door to the Boar Hat, and listened as the sleeping arrangements were made. When his name was called, he perked up and looked at Meliodas. "You're staying on the top floor." He said, causing the male to nod as everyone split off to either sleep in the bar or the bedrooms. When Hendrickson was going to the stairs, King stopped him, grabbing his sleeve. "If you hurt her, may whatever god or deity you worship help you, because I'll kill you if you hurt her." He threatened, leaving Hendrickson confused, but up the stairs he went.

When Hendrickson got up to the bedroom on the top floor, and opened the door, he finally understood what King had meant. There, asleep in the bed, was Arcadia, dressed in a nightgown that he remembered buying for her back when she was new to Liones Kingdom. Hendrickson gave a deep sigh and thought to leave, but when he looked at her, he got a better look at her condition. Her eyes were red and puffy, and they had dark circles under them. She's been missing out on good sleep, then. And... has she been crying? He asked himself, and decided to stay for a while to make sure she slept well. He took off his shoes and set them by the door, before he changed into the pajamas that he had bought in the town where he found the Trio of Troublemakers. He then got in the bed beside Arcadia, watching over her to make sure she stayed asleep, and hugging her tightly until she calmed down when she did wake up briefly. Eventually, Hendrickson fell asleep, with Arcadia wrapped up in his arms. When she woke up again in the middle of the night, and felt someone hugging her, she discovered then that it was Hendrickson who had coaxed her back to sleep all those times during the night. Arcadia turned to face him, and buried her face in his neck as tears started to roll down her cheeks. Her trembling eventually woke the druid, who had hoped to talk to her in the morning when he had a clearer head, but this was perfectly alright as well. He felt her tears wetting his shirt, but he didn't care. What he cared about now was Arcadia's wellbeing. After he managed to wake up more, he sat up slowly, pulling her onto his lap to where her legs were on either side of his waist, her arms wrapped around his neck as she cried tears of joy. "Please tell me it's really you. I can't handle any more tricks, I just can't take it anymore." she said, and he gladly proved to her that it was him. "When I told you of my feelings for you, we were alone in a more secluded part of Liones Castle, and you kissed me after I had told you how I felt about you." he mumbled, his face turning red at the memory. Arcadia looked up at Hendrickson, her tear filled blue eyes catching the moonlight as she stared up at him. She then cupped his face in her hands and pressed her forehead against his. Arcadia looked at her lover, as his tear filled eyes met hers. "I'm so sorry." he whispered, as his hands trailed down to her waist from her face, pulling her closer as he buried his face in her neck. She always smelled sweet, like fresh pressed roses, ready to be made into perfume, and she smelled slightly of sweet red grapes, like the ones she loved to eat so very much, back when she spent time with him. The two would share them with each other, and Hendrickson remembered Dreyfus and Zaratras bringing a bunch back to her when they had visited a vineyard all the way in Camelot. He remembered it like it had happened yesterday, and sighed softly as he relaxed, his body going nearly limp as he gave her a tired look. Arcadia then cupped his face again, rubbing his cheeks with her thumbs, before she leaned in close to him and kissed him, causing him to fall back against the pillow below with a slight gasp of surprise. After she pulled away, she snuggled up to the warmth he provided and smiled softly, before pulling the covers back over the two of them as Hendrickson looked down at her and wrapped an arm around her. After a few minutes, Arcadia spoke, red dusting her cheeks as she looked up at him. "I love you, Hendrickson. I love you so very much." she whispered, before closing her eyes and slipping into a peaceful slumber, now that she finally had someone there for her who could keep her nightmares away.