(Chapter 28) The Search Begins

Arcadia watched as Dogedo, Gustaf, Marmas, and Denzel were buried, while Jericho cried silently. "My brother and I always fought. Nothing but complaints came from him to me, so why did he die saving me?" she asked, as Ban put a hand on top of her head to comfort her. "Marmas, you were taken from us far too soon." Howzer said, as Arcadia put a hand on his shoulder. "He'll be at peace, I'm sure of it." she said, before he hugged her as tears rolled down his face while he sobbed. "There, there, it's alright, Howzer." she comforted him, hugging him back before he let go of her. Arcadia then watched as Deldry picked up a stone and threw it, hitting Hendrickson square in the face. Her eyes widened as she watched the Holy Knight throw another at Dreyfus, hitting him in the forehead. "Why are you two still here while Denzel and Dogedo are dead?!" she yelled, before Arcadia tried to fight her. "You little-!" Howzer held her back, desperately trying to get her to stop as she kicked and flailed against his grip. "Let me at her!" she screeched, before Bartra silenced them all. "Please, find it in your hearts to give these brave knights a moment of silence, please." he asked, tears of his own rolling down his cheeks. Arcadia wrapped her leg around Howzer's and kicked the back of his knee, causing him to lose his balance as he yelped and fell down. She got up off of him and walked over to Hendrickson and Dreyfus, healing them, before they all stood vigil for a few minutes. After they left, Arcadia, Hendrickson, and Dreyfus all went back to the castle to rest. Arcadia was about to walk up to her room when Bartra called for her. "Lady Arcadia, may I speak with you for a moment?" he asked, causing her to nod as she walked with him to the royal library. "Is she with you?" Princess Margaret's voice questioned, as Bartra confirmed that she was. She then walked out from behind a bookshelf and spoke. "Lady Arcadia, you and Gil are close, are you two not?" she asked, causing her to nod before she noticed the rapier at her hip. "Please, I'm begging for your-" "I'll go." she said, shocking both present as she smiled warmly at her. "Princess Margaret, you've been through ten years of suffering without the one you love, and I know how that feels, so I shall join you on your journey to get him back. However, I have a request for this trip, because it's going to take more than just you and me to take down the hordes of demons out there." she explained, before she saw the gentle smile that the princess' face held. "Alright you two, you can come out." she said, as Dreyfus and Hendrickson walked out from two other bookshelves. Arcadia looked at Margaret. "Wait, you asked these two to join us?" she asked, causing her to nod. "She figured that if you didn't say yes, then we could persuade you to." Hendrickson admitted sheepishly. "I would have gone with her regardless, but my request was actually that these two join us." she admitted, laughing slightly. After the plans to leave tomorrow were discussed, everyone went back to their rooms, with Hendrickson staying in Arcadia's room with her. The two changed into their night clothes before getting in the bed, with Arcadia facing Hendrickson as the two got comfortable. She wrapped her arm around his waist as she hugged him, looking up at him as she rested her head against his chest, hearing his heartbeat speed up. Hendrickson hugged her tightly as he spoke. "You seemed to be holding something back, what is it?" he asked, but she shook her head. "I'll tell you if it happens, alright?" she asked, causing him to nod. "You know that I won't stop loving you, no matter what you tell me, right?" he asked, causing her to nod. "Unless you cheated on me. In that case, you already know what would happen." he said, causing her to laugh. "I could never do that, you know that." she said, before burying her face in his neck. "You smell like vanilla." she commented, causing his face to heat up. "Um, thanks." he said, causing her to laugh. Hendrickson sighed deeply as he relaxed, before he reached toward her face and tilted her chin up. He looked down at her and rested his forehead against hers. "You know, I feel like you still have other things that you have yet to show me. I feel like there are more tricks up your sleeves." he said, causing her to smile. "And wouldn't you like to know what magic tricks I can pull off?" she asked sarcastically, before she yawned, her eyelids getting heavier by the second. "Goodnight, Hendy." she mumbled tiredly, before she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Hendrickson looked down at her and smiled, before getting into a more comfortable position and falling asleep with her laying down on top of his chest.

Arcadia woke up early the next morning and got her things together for the two and a half weeks that she, Margaret, Dreyfus, and Hendrickson would be gone, before she walked up to the bed where her lover was still asleep and shook him awake gently. "It's time to get up." she whispered, causing him to nod as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and yawned. He then got up and got dressed, before also packing his things and heading out to where they agreed to meet with Margaret before the search for Gilthunder started. "Ah, there you two are! Wait for me, will you?" Dreyfus asked, running up to the two of them. "How did you both sleep last night?" he asked, a suggestive smirk on his face as Arcadia spoke. "Very well, how did you sleep in your house by yourself without your son there because he was in the castle?" she asked, causing him to glare at her. "You're the worst." he said, causing her to shrug as she spoke again. "Right back at you." she said. The three walked together and finally got to where they were to meet Princess Margaret, seeing the girl waiting with four horses. She handed the three one of the horses' reins and nodded, before mounting her steed and waiting for the other three. Arcadia got on her horse and waited for the other two, before they set off on their journey to search for Gilthunder.