(Chapter 10) Ban

A/N: Writers block really has me by the neck right now 🥲.

Arcadia stared in wide eyed shock as Gilthunder spoke, his gaze hateful and cold, nothing like the young boy she had known years ago. However, he hadn't noticed her yet, and she managed to discreetly break the binds of his lightning. She then hopped down from Diane's shoulder and stepped in front of Meliodas, her hand on the hilt of her sword as she scowled at the male. Gilthunder's facade faltered slightly for a second, and he looked surprised. "Oh dear, what's this?" she asked, her tone holding faux innocence as she spoke. "I will defeat you and Meliodas, as well as the others, Lady Arcadia, for I am now more powerful than any of the Seven Deadly Sins." he said, causing her to smile as she heard Meliodas speak. "Are you sure about that?" he asked, causing Arcadia to smirk behind him. Well played. Glad you understand to at least keep up that facade, Mel. She thought while watching the two fight. Eventually, Gilthunder had his sword pointed at Meliodas' back, with the ladder having a deep gash in his shoulder. It made her cringe, seeing him like this, but she knew that he'd survive even if he did lose a lot more blood than he already had. Her blue eyes watched as she worriedly thought about the others. Hana was no doubt with her brother, while Guinevere was gods knew where at this point, and Arcadia already knew where Orchid, Midnight, and the others from her friend group were, which slightly relieved at least some of her worries. When she stopped zoning out, she saw Diane pick up Gilthunder and throw him in the direction of Liones. Afterwards, Arcadia stared over at Elizabeth, who was checking Meliodas over. The female shook her head at Diane when she caught the giantess' gaze, as if to tell her that now wasn't the time for bickering. Arcadia went to get Hawk's mama, and then went back outside to help Elizabeth get Meliodas inside. She sighed deeply, and turned to Diane and spoke. "I guess we should head to Dalmally if we want to get this moron over here to a proper doctor." she said, glaring at the ground before hearing a bone chilling scream from Elizabeth. She ran inside and saw Meliodas passed out on the floor of the tavern, causing the platinum haired woman to pinch the bridge of her nose. She then got some bandages, silently cursing at Merlin for sealing most of her power away like she had. The female then bandaged the blonde, before getting in the bed he stayed in and laying down beside him to watch over him for the night in case he awoke. "Alright, Hawk's mom, we need to get to Dalmally, so let's go." she said, before looking at the blonde. "You better not die on me again, not when I still have to talk with you about that thing that we agreed to break together." she said, before the adrenaline that had kept her awake faded, and she closed her heavy eyelids, falling asleep soon after.

When she woke up, Arcadia saw that Meliodas was gone, and looked out to see Baste prison. Might as well head there since I can sense that Ban's in there. She thought, getting up and putting on her armor from when she was still a Holy Knight of Liones that hadn't left. The Weird Fangs had met her before, but she hadn't seen them in a decade, so she didn't know how they would react, namely the apprentices who had never even heard of her. She finished getting ready and set off, before running into a small shepherd boy, smirking as she spoke. "Ah, Ruin, long time no see, my friend. Still up to those tricks I see." she taunted, causing the shepherd boy to frown before she was eventually faced with the image of an armor clad knight holding a staff with a golden bell in the center. "You should know that I have the ability to see right through your magical power of illusions by now. Or did you forget that I could do that?" she asked, causing him to shake his head. "Why are you here, Lady Arcadia?" he asked, causing her to smile. "Just taking care of something, that's all." she lied, causing him to nod. "Well, you should know that Jericho, Gustaf's younger sister, is now an apprentice Holy Knight, and has been working under Fresia ever since you left." he said, receiving a nod from the girl in response, before waving and transforming back into the shepherd boy as he watched her leave to get to Baste Prison.

Arcadia thanked the guards at the door to the large prison before walking along the dark corridors of the most secure prison in Britania. Yeah right, the safest place in the country my ass. Nobody's even here to protect it. She scolded internally. She then saw a familiar head of spiked back white hair and smirked to herself, walking up and tapping the man on the shoulder. She whistled, looking him up and down. "Wow, you look like...you've been through hell on earth." She said, laughing when he shrugged. "So, Cap'n with you or what?" He asked, before seeing the look of concern in her eyes. Ban's own eyes widened slightly, before he spoke. "Alright, you're never worried about him, what happened to him?" He asked, leaning back against the wall across from the lady. "He's been poisoned based on what's happened to him. He's not the type to croak from a little poison, but I worry sometimes." She said, biting her finger after she finished speaking. Ban sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair. "Who all is with us?" He questioned after a minute. "Obviously Meliodas, but also Diane and the third princess of Liones, Elizabeth." She replied, looking down at her feet once she finished. Ban nodded and then tensed up slightly, sensing Jude's presence in the hall. He then looked to where Arcadia should have been, only to see a small cat in her place. "Screw you." He mumbled, watching as the woman turned cat turned and walked away to find Meliodas.

Meliodas punched Ruin in the stomach, scowling at the Holy Knight as he bled through his helmet. "You hurt something that means everything to me. And that is your sin." He whispered, before seeing a small cat jump down and walk towards him. Arcadia then transformed back and smiled. "Is he in there?" Meliodas asked, causing her to smirk. "Yeah. He's awake too. You'd think he's got a decent sleep schedule after a decade, but no. I bet he'll be awake until Dawn chugging down ale until he passes out from being too wasted." She said, causing the blonde to shake his head and smile. "Ok, where is she?" Arcadia asked, causing Meliodas to scowl at the floor. "Ruin hurt her, but she should be alright." He responded, causing Arcadia to smile. "It's good that you take care of her, she deserves it." She said, causing him to nod. The group then headed into the prison and looked for the doctor's daughter that Arcadia had missed hearing about.

Arcadia watched as Diane closed her backpack after putting Sennet inside alongside Elizabeth, smiling down hopefully at the silver haired girl. She then noticed Ban's presence, before watching as Meliodas' eyes widened slightly. "Ban..." he said. "Hey, Cap'n." he responded, staring down at the blonde. "They both seem upset, what's going on here?" Hawk asked, causing Arcadia to sigh deeply, knowing what was going to happen. "You're right. I think you might want to get behind me. You too, Arcadia." she said, causing the female to shake her head before turning into a flying wolf once again. "I should be fine, Diane." she said. "Ban!" "Cap'n!" They ran to each other, laughing, as they started their routine handshake that they did after going a long time without seeing each other. After they were done launching each other into the prison's walls, they finally got down on their stomachs and called Arcadia over to judge the arm wrestle. Arcadia had done this too many times before, and sighed before walking over. "Alright boys, play nice this time, will you?" she asked, eyeing both of the men before speaking. "Go." she stated suddenly, watching as both of them gave it their all to beat the other. "720 times, we've done this, and I've won 361 of those times!" Ban called, causing Meliodas' smirk to get bigger. "You idiot, I've won 361 times!" Meliodas said, yelling alongside Ban as Diane swooned over the blonde. One of these days, she'll realize that she doesn't actually love Mel, but who am I to say that today or tomorrow are those days? She asked herself, shrugging as she changed back and fell with the others, smiling as Baste Prison's walls crumbled around them.