Chapter 16- I'll be Yours Forever

The next couple of weeks you tried to stay as busy as possible. Anytime down time would cause you to become heartsick. How could a man do that to you? You are strong independent woman who didn't need a man... right?

"Y/N....Y/N....Y/N!"
"Huh I'm sorry"
"I asked you a question where do you want the bookcase?"
"Oh, sorry over by the window"
"Where is your brain today?"
Your best friend had taken a day off from work to help you set up your classroom. You wanted to make sure everything was done before Chris came the next week.

"I'm sorry just a lot on my mind"
"Is it a certain tall, blue-eyed hunk?"
As if he knew you were talking about him, your phone started ringing.
"We'll speak of the devil... I'm going to get some lunch for us I'll be back." She quickly grabbed her bag and gave you a wink as she headed out the door.

Seeing his face on your phone made you smile from ear to ear
"Hey there good lookin... did you know I was thinking of you and that's why you called?"
"Well... when are you not thinking of me?" You could practically 'hear' the smirk in his voice.

"You are something else... but I still love you no matter what Scott says about you! What's up?"
"I don't even want to know... well I called to ask if you have seen the tabloids recently?"
"No.... Never really have paid attention to that stuff"
"Ok... well... I'm letting you know there are some pictures floating around of you and Scott and maybe one of me and you probably from Europe .... You can't really tell it's you and I would like to keep it that way ...anyways... it should eventually die down... it usually does."

"Oh.. wow... I mean I knew pictures could come out but... what do you want to do?"
"Well.... Like I've said my private life is mine and I get to choose what I want to share... I want to keep you away from prying eyes... you have a life and a job... you don't want the extra headache it causes.... I know it means we can do too much out in public, but I want to respect your privacy"

Your heart was beating faster at every word. He truly cared about you.
"You know if I didn't know it already... I would say you love me.."
"It's because I love you I want you to feel protected.... You mean sooo much to me... that's why next week we are going to a very secluded place.... I just want to make you aware of what's going on... I have a meeting to get to.... I love you...bubble butt!"

"Bubble butt? Really? I mean I know I have one but seriously?"
"Ehh you're right... it needs to flow...something that fits you... I will find one! But...I do like your butt!"
"Oh my dear man, I know you do! You better go before your late.... Love you!"
"Ok... love you!"

The rest of the week went too slow for you. There was a lot to do and get ready for, but your greatest concern was Chris. He had a lot on his plate and dealing with any kind of rumors was something he didn't need You did see the tabloids he was talking about, but it was hard to tell it was you. The magazine article intrigued you

Pictures have recently come out showing a mystery woman around Chris and Scott Evans while in Europe. Her face isn't clear, but she seems to be very friendly with the brothers. Could Captain America finally be off the market? When asked for a comment, it was noted as "he is just living his best life". It should be noted the actor has had many ties to famous women over the years and this could be a random hook up. Only time will tell.

The article didn't seem that bad, there was always someone trying to get the next piece of juicy gossip. Hollywood actors' lives were always on display. Chris had told you this could happen more than once and it will go away when another story becomes important.

It was finally time to pick Chris up from the airport and almost couldn't contain your excitement. Spending a few days with him is something you both needed.