Chapter 3 The Evans Brothers

"Seriously! What are you thinking?!"
"Look Scott, I felt bad she sprained her ankle. I wasn't going to have her stay over but with the snowstorm coming...." Chris was running his hands through his hair as he spoke. " I just couldn't let her stay alone if the power went out... it felt right to ask.... I can't explain it man.... Stop judging me!"

You stood as quietly as you could before Dodger notice you and came bonding towards you. You reach down to pet him as the two men look up at you.

"Y/N! How was your shower?" Chris asked.
"Well... it was nice and relaxing for the most part.... You must be Scott... we didn't get to meet earlier," you said with a raised eyebrow.

Scott's face turned a shade of red as he spoke, "I'm really sorry about that... didn't realize someone else would be in that shower." Scott was now staring down Chris.

"Whoa! What did I miss?" Chris said with wide eyes.
"I was looking for you and found her instead..." Scott now had his arms crossed.
Chris couldn't help but laugh, "Man I woulda have loved to see your face!"
"Well I'm not into girls... no offense Y/N... you are nice to look at...," Scott said with a raised eyebrow and a grin. Chris had wide eyes while looking at Scott.

You never really thought you had a good looking body. Within the last year you lost some weight. Not a magic diet or anything just putting things into your body that were good for you. You felt good about your it and that's what truly matter.

"Thanks.... I think" you said while looking at Scott and then to Chris and back again.
Chris cleared his throat and started speaking.   " Well, Y/N, if you want to give me the keys to the car, Scott and I will go and bring it here before the snow starts to come down harder. "

You slowly go back to the guest room, grab the keys and bring them back.
"If you don't mind I'll make dinner for you both. It's the least I can do... if you don't mind me going through your kitchen."
" No that would be great! I don't mind cooking... just not the best at it."

You hand the keys to Chris and his hand brushed yours in the process, giving you goosebumps. You shake it off as Chris spoke up, " We will be back within an half hour or so... gonna stop at the store and pick up somethings... maybe ice cream... anything you need? Favorite kind of ice cream?"
"Ice cream? Mmmmm.... How about ( your favorite kind)... other than that no."

"Ok... we'll be back... bye" Chris and Scott gave a slight wave and headed to the door. You could hear Chris get on to Scott as they walked out. " Dude! Why would you going looking for me in the shower!"
You didn't hear the rest of the conversation.

You started looking around the kitchen. This was definitely a dream! How could you be here, in this house, getting to cook in this kitchen. You were pretty sure half of your apartment could fit in the kitchen alone.

You hobbled over to the fridge and opened it up. You were in the mood for chili; something warm on a cold day. You were able to find everything you were looking.

Everything was almost done as you got your phone out and started singing "Here comes the Sun". Dodger was lying on the floor listening to you intently. You were able to find bowls and started setting the table with everything that you liked to eat with chili.

You were still singing your heart out when the boys walked back in and stopped to listen. 
"Here comes the s... AAAA!" You turned around and shirked dropping the spoons as you saw the Evans boys standing there with  grins.

" You two... ....scared me! This has happen waaay too much today!" You said breathlessly.
Chris spoke up first while putting the ice cream away, " Sorry about that! We could hear you outside and wanted to let you finish... you have a pretty nice voice!"

"Thanks.... Ummm... dinner is ready for whenever you are.." you said while picking up the spoon and putting them in the sink. You hobbled over to the stove to grab the soup as Chris came up behind you. He was close enough that you could catch a whiff of his cologne.
Wow... he smells good.... You thought while closing your eyes and taking a deep breath.

"YOU need to get off your feet and let me take the soup to the table." Chris reached around taking the pot and quickly setting it on the table. Before you even had made one step to the table, you were swiftly scooped up and carried to the table.

Once you were seated you adjusted yourself and you gave a stern look to Chris as he was getting clean spoons out.
"You really need to stop carrying me around... I am going to get use to this and won't know what to do when I leave."

Chris looked at  you and gave you a side grin. "You have the teacher look down! Makes me feel like I'm back in school!.... Phew!....Well I'll try... but no promises!"

The three of you started eating and sharing childhood stores.
"Look , Y/N, I'm telling you he hasn't always been the most pleasant person to be around. HE convinced me to pee my pants once!" Scott said while darting his eyes to Chris with a death stare.
" GAWD SCOTT! Stahp tellin her all the bad things!" Chris said as Boston accent started to slip.

You couldn't retain your laugh as you started talking. "Please don't! ...This is great! It's good to know I'm not the only sibling out there that loved to torment their younger siblings! And I'm glad that my siblings aren't here otherwise I would be in the same boat!" Both Evans brothers started laughing.

Everyone was finishing their soup as Scott got up to take empty bowls, "Well you cooked and we will clean up. Go into the living room and make your self comfortable."

"Ok I really could could get use to this... getting carried and someone cleaning up after I make a mess.... This is the life!" You said with a wide grin as you hobbled out of the dinning room.

As you reached the couch you could hear Scott talking to Chris.
"Ok, Chris, I don't think she's  a creep.... She seems like a pretty decent person."