seventeen

SENIOR YEAR//MARCH

SENIOR YEAR//MARCH

~MAGGIE~

There was a shrill, long honk from outside of the apartment before another loud knock on the front door. Goldie's voice carried through all the rooms and anyone would've been able to tell it was early and she had very little patience.

"Whichever Horan that is better pray to God they live long enough to see the snowy peaks of mountains because I swear to all that is holy if they don't shut the fuck up for TWO SECONDS at FIVE IN THE FUCKING MORNING I'm gonna lose what's left of my mind"

There was a much softer knock, my door cracked slightly and Daisy's head popped through. Her eyes scanned the bedroom before landing on me as I quickly shoved the last couple of sweaters into my duffle bag. I had gotten anxious that I was forgetting something so at the last second I unpacked and repacked my whole bag to ensure I wasn't missing anything important.

"You almost ready? I think she's about to blow out there?"

She had stepped into the room slightly and when the words left her lips they were no louder than a whisper but her eyes still flickered over her shoulder to make sure the wrath of early morning Goldie wasn't on its way in our direction.

I nodded quickly as I zipped my bag up and slung it over my shoulder. I grabbed my jacket and followed Daisy into the hallway closing my bedroom door behind me. As we made our way into the living room I jumped as the blare of the car horn sounded again.

"I swear to god he has a fucking death wish. When I get out there I am gonna rip him a new one"

I rounded the corner into the kitchen just in time to catch the angry mumblings Goldie was projecting into her steaming coffee cup. She was leaned up against the counter and I watched as Daisy glided over and placed a small kiss on her lips boosting her mood just the slightest.

"Well good morning sunshine"

I reached up into the cupboard and grabbed a ceramic cup to fill with coffee, not my normal morning drink but early morning travel days required a little extra boost.

Pouring quickly, trying not to anger the Goldie sized beast anymore, I grabbed a reusable lid and headed towards the door. "Alright, ladies let's go then!" I said in my cheeriest voice with my biggest toothy grin.

Goldie grabbed both her and Daisy's bags with an eye roll and followed me out, "There is no good reason to be awake this early".

Outside sat Niall in his Chevy with Brooklyn in the front seat, Brady and Caroline had slept over at their place so they were already in the car as well, leaving three open spots in the way back for me, my grumpy roommate, and her adorable girlfriend.

Once all our bags were secured in the trunk and we all piled into the truck, Niall turned around in true dad fashion, placing his right hand on the center console to steady himself. "Alright, kids! Who's ready for the best weekend of our lives!" he hollered at an extreme volume that caused all of us to shush him in unison. "Damn I see how it is," he continued, "Off we go then losers". He flicked his yellow sunglasses from on top of his head to cover his eyes and began our drive to the airport.