"Yes but," Kurapika glanced at Kei's mom, "I heard you had some problems with y/n and I just wanted to hear your side on that."

"I didn't like her at first, and then we got to know each other better and we became friends." He stated as his mother gawked at him, hearing him call anyone other than Tadashi a 'friend' was strange.

"Okay...." Kurapika noticed how impatient the boy was getting "Can you elaborate on how you 'didn't like her' ?"

"I just didn't like her, I'd ignore her, call her annoying and stuff, but that was it." he huffed, standing up, "I have homework, may I leave now?"

"Sure." Kurapika followed the boy with his eyes as he walked towards the stairs, "One last question—" Kei turned to him, "where were you before you arrived home?"

Kei sighed, "Volleyball." He left up the stairs and to his room.

Nothing.

He didn't get anything out of the speaking with Kei besides the fact that he didn't like the girl at first. But not liking someone in the past, doesn't automatically mean he would kidnap her.

So Kurapika had nothing right now.

*

Kei sighed as he sat on his bed.

So I'm guessing he was the one who showed up to our house last time.

So annoying.

He laid back.

Nothing irritated him more than a person who constantly nags. He was actually  feeling a bit frustrated at the moment, hence why he didn't care about giving the detective a bit of attitude.

He was frustrated because of everything. School, you, the damn detective, volleyball and his grades.

He was starting to struggle a bit with his math grades, because of how much time he spent with you, that left him little time to study. But he knew if he allowed his grades to drop even more, the teachers would start asking questions.

And you— you were so distant, more than usual, ever since the detectives showed up to the house. He thought it could've been the knife thing, so he apologized. You kinda just brushed it off so he figured it wasn't that.

He would come back from school only to still find you in bed. It saddened him but also frustrated him because he didn't know what to do to help.

I should go to her soon, he glanced at his table clock. He was with you earlier, but he received a message from his mother and thought it'd be better to just come home then leave once his mother was asleep.

When the clock hit 11pm, he packed his school uniform, some other stuff and made a quiet exit from the house and away to where you were.

*

Nah you idiot.
That was your chance
And you didn't take it
What could I have done?
He was going to slice me in half.

You were still in bed, thinking over and over about that other day.

Minutes passed as you laid still, blandly staring up at the ceiling. You soon heard the door opening downstairs, followed by someone walking up the staircase.

"Hey, y/n," he plopped down next to you, running his fingers through your tangled hair, smiling. "Have you eaten since I left?" 

You shook your head no, he displayed a bigger smile, seeing as you actually gave him a response.