SEVEN.

warnings:
alcohol, mentions of gaslighting

| | |

"Adam, you're gonna kill him," Diego says, watching Adam pour tequila into Nico's cup. Nico watches, expressionless, his head tilted curiously, and Will laughs, leaning against the counter.

"I don't think so," Adam says, twisting the cap of the tequila bottle. He nods at the cup, and Nico sips from it without breaking eyes contact with him.

"This is disgusting," he says stoically, and Adam throws a hand in the air.

"I think he's immune to alcohol."

"No," Diego says. "Look at his cheeks."

Nico immediately pulls the neckline of his shirt over his face, hiding his flushed cheeks, hiding everything but his eyes, which lock with Will's. They're sparkling, amused as Diego groans in opposition.

Will leans against the counter, swinging the nearly empty beer bottle in his hand.

"I think you're immune too," Adam says, his voice slurring. "That's, like, your second beer."

Will just gives him a hang-lose gesture as Nico sips the tequila again.

"You are a very scary individual," Adam tells Nico, who blinks and says, "Thank you," quietly.

"Jesus." Adam tosses a hand again, stumbling. Diego catches him. "Got fuckin' Wednesday Addams over here."

"Alright," Diego says, pushing off him, but he keeps his hand on his chest, supporting him. "Let's go find you some water."

"I don't want water," Adam complains.

"Come on."

Will watches them go, his eyes flicking to Nico, who takes a tiny sip of his drink.

"It's really... quite gross," Nico says when he meets Will's eyes.

"Yeah, tequila's not my favourite."

"What is?"

Will hums as he thinks, looking up at the ceiling. He smiles when Nico's fingertips skim over the skin of his neck, pushing his hair back.

"I like coquito," he says finally. "But it's a Christmas drink."

"Coquito," Nico repeats. "It sounds cute."

"It's like..." Will tries to think, but Nico touches his neck again, tracing a line down to the neckline of his shirt before it trails back up. "Rum. And coconut and cinnamon."

"Sounds good."

"You can try it when you come over for Christmas. My mom makes it."

"You're inviting me for Christmas?" Nico asks, smiling, touching his earrings.

"Yeah?" Will tilts his hands so Nico's fingers press against his skin for a second. "Why wouldn't I want my boyfriend to stay with me for Christmas?"

Nico's eyes shut and he scrunches his nose happily, lifting his cup so it hides his face.

"Especially when my mom likes him so much?"

"Did she really?" Nico's shoulders drop and his head tilts back.

"Yes," Will reassures him, pushing some hair out of Nico's face before he taps the end of his nose. "She loved you. So did Lucita."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

Nico looks at the floor, his lower lip pouting like he's thinking. Will looks at him, tilting his head.