Chapter 51- 'I didn't say I knew how to pick them.'

Start from the beginning

Even he sounded amazed I would go through all this trouble to save a scumbag like that.

“I couldn’t give a shit what happens to Derek, I hope the man gets his skin peeled off by Freddie Kruger in a bath of salt and lemon juice…” he raised his brows stunned at the image I just painted for him “…I care about what happens to Drake. He doesn’t have it in him to kill someone.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure of that sweetheart, not after looking at his previous work.” Andrew comments, and I realised he knew exactly what got Drake sent away in the first place.

“No, I know he could kill someone, he just doesn’t have it in him. When that boy gets angry, he doesn’t think he just acts. He will kill Derek, but it’s what it’s going to do to him after. No matter how much he hates him, he’s not going to be able to live with the fact he’s actually ended someone’s life.” I explained to Andrew “And if he kills the bastard, Drake is doing a stretch inside that could mean life.”

“So you want to save him from his conscious?” Andrew asked through a laugh. I knew he worked for Derek, and I knew in his type of job a conscious is the last thing you worry about. The idea of actually feeling guilty after you put someone in hospital or kill them is absurd to this man.

“Just because you could murder someone and sleep well at night, doesn’t mean your son is the same.” I stared directly into his eyes, my face like stone.

He returned my stare, rolling his tongue over his top teeth at my nerve to speak to him like that. I do notice he doesn’t disagree however.

“That boy is nothing like me.” He retorts his voice cold, and I don’t know if I was imagining it, but I heard a slight sound of relief as he came out with this statement.

“So help me find him before he fucks up his entire life.” I’ve gone back to pleading “You owe him that much.”

He lets out a defeated and annoyed sigh as he leans back on his seat.

“Alright, what exactly do you want me to do? I have no idea where Drake is I’ve already said this.”

“Where would Derek be?” I asked him, realising all we needed to do was find Derek and we found Drake.

“Either at the Warehouse or at home.” He replied.

I think for a minute, trying to put myself in Drake’s shoes. He wouldn’t try and get hold of Derek when he was surrounded by his apes. No matter how angry Drake is, even he wouldn’t be stupid enough to risk that. I hope.

“He wouldn’t be at the warehouse if that’s where everyone is, there is no way he would be able to get to Derek. Not with all his limbs anyway.” Andrew almost reads my thoughts.

“Well that leaves his house then, but I know Drake won’t do anything if Derek has a family in the house.”

Andrew lets out a quick burst of laughter “Derek? Family? The only thing that man loves is money; he’s not exactly the wife and kids type of guy.”

I scrunch my brows “Really? The guys like 50 and he’s still not married?” I know this is not the thing to be thinking about, but that is pretty sad.

“Nope.” He pops the ‘p’ “The only thing he would marry would be his offshore accounts, and they haven’t quite made that legal. The man probably spends his nights making passionate love to his wallet.”

I grimace at the image “And you say I paint quite a picture…”

The corners of his mouth rise up faintly “So I guess we’re going round Derek’s for dinner.” He starts the engine. “By any chance, are those two policemen, that doctor and those kids looking for you?”