First Acting Job?

When I first got the call that I made it, I was thrilled. I mean, my first acting job, and on one of my old favorite shows spinoff? It felt like a dream, and it might have actually been one since I woke up the next morning and everything felt the same, except I realized something. It was my first time flying alone. My mom usually always flew with me, but since she still needed to work and we could not afford two tickets, we got one. The security was terrifying, and the waiting was a nightmare, but I eventually touched down to land, and I put my headphones in and looked around.

I had to go through customs, also a nightmare, especially with them asking me where my parents were. I had to explain I was alone, then went on my way. I eventually saw 5 people waiting for me. I recognized 2 of them, mainly since my friends loved Havan Flores in the show, and Cooper Barnes was in Henry Danger. I walked up and quickly said hello, and I got filled in on what was going to happen. I learned that I would be staying with Havan in her house, and then we would have filming next week to let me settle in.

Havan's parents picked us up, and on the way home, Havan and I got to know each other. Well, actually, it was more like I got to know her. Even though we both seemed kind of introverted she still told me how long she had been living here, and how she enjoyed the acting. I did know a lot of information about her since my friends were obsessed, so that helped. "so anything about you I should know?" Shit. I wasn't expecting this, I had been absorbing what she had been saying and completely blanked. "I uhhhh.... like music?". She replied with a simple, "same." The rest of the car ride was pretty silent with her seeing how my hands were shaking and making sure I wasn't overwhelmed with the questions.

When we got to her house, she led me to where I would be staying, the room across the hall from hers. I began unpacking, starting with the biggest bag first. Pretty much all my clothes were in those. "hey are these dressers for me?" She looked at me confused for a minute then said "yeah, you can have anything in this room" of course. She did say this was my room, of course, I could use them. "Haha of course sorry I'm just a little anxious that's all." "of what? You don't need to worry its completely safe here, and if you do need anything I'm in the room next door." Maybe she was right and I was completely overreacting. "Okay" She then offered to help me unpack and I graciously accepted. After finishing the first bag she held up a smaller bag about the size of a shoe and asked "where should I put these?" I looked up and quickly said "I'll take that one why don't you take this one to the bathroom?" she seemed confused about why I wanted that bag so badly, but didn't question it, thank god.

The first chapter is done! You can always give suggestions in the comments, and I'm willing to take any constructive criticism! Also as I said in the details, there will be self-harm in this book. Once that can be triggering, and if it is please exit this book. word count: 585