Tired was not the word for what I was feeling right now, in fact, I barely slept, and the work just seems to keep piling up, why did everything always have to happen all at once?

After Friday's events I was extra cautious around school, paying more attention than I wanted to, this isn't how it was supposed to be, we should be safe here, safe to go to school in the human world without worrying about being attacked.

Nobody had seen our attackers since Friday, so we couldn't rest just yet, it bothered me to no end, but there wasn't much I could do about that now.

School passed slowly, and luckily uneventfully, lunch time rolled around as usual, and we all met up in the dinner hall with our food.

Everyone quickly got caught up in conversation as they ate, before Adam and his friends joined us at the table.

"Hey," Adam greeted me with a smile, taking the seat next to me and calmness washed over me instantly, erasing all my earlier worries.

Is this normal? It seemed the more I acknowledge him, the stronger the effects were.

"Hello," I replied with my own smile.

I greeted the others, which they replied in kind, before greeting my other friends.

"So, where did you go on Friday?" Adam asked, looking amused.

I knew the question was coming sooner or later, but I honestly hadn't thought of a response for it yet, so instead I just made up an excuse on the spot.

There were a few excuses I could use, Cameron was having a panic attack, Adrian had a family emergency, we just wanted to skip, but none of them made sense with leaving their partners there, no, this had to be about me.

Would he believe me if I said I got upset, and Adrian and Cameron were consoling me? Probably not, best to just keep it vague.

"Oh, I had some personal issues going on, and Adrian and Cameron were helping me," I replied with a soft smile.

"I'm sorry to hear about that," he said softly, he watched me so intensely, I had to force myself to look away, which was a weird situation to find myself in.

"Thank you, it's all sorted now though, nothing to worry about," I assured, distracting myself with food.

"I'm glad," his words came out in a whisper as he also went back to his lunch.

We didn't talk much after that, but I was all too aware of how close he was to me, and because of that lunch seemed to pass by painfully slowly.

~

"So, what are we going to say to Tom?" Adrian asked, walking down the corridor with his hands behind his head, Cameron on the left of him and me on the right.

"I told Adam I had some personal problems that you two were helping me with, so we should stick to that," I informed.

We'd finally made it through the day and were now on our way to our last class, History with Tom, a part of me hoped he just wouldn't ask, but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Adrian smirked at me at the mention of Adam's name, and I had to force myself not to roll my eyes.

"Sounds like a plan!" He grinned, leading the way into the class.

Tom was already sat at his desk as we entered, Adrian and Cameron took their seats as I was about to walk to mine, when Tom turned to smile at me.

I was expecting him to ask, but instead, he picked up what seemed to be a rusted metal ball, which he tossed to me, and I easily caught it, raising my eyebrows in question.