Wings and the Beautiful Summer

Start from the beginning

He was tall and dressed in a pair of black trousers. The pants were tucked into a pair of silver boots on his feet that covered the toes. Covering his chest was a blue robe-like garment, with one part of the jacket covering the left. His middle was wrapped with a dark blue cloth that kept the jacket from slipping apart. On the forehead was a headband with the clan symbol upon it. His white hair hung down on either side of his face, parted in the middle so that the headband could be seen. I stared at sky blue eyes, which in return, were staring into my sky blue eyes.

My father, Tsubasa Nakamura, was standing in front of me.

I knew he hadn't come back from the dead. Not really. The Edo Tensei jutsu had only brought back his soul and placed it in a body that looked like his. The whites of his eyes were black, proving my point, but I couldn't stop staring at my father. I couldn't help thinking what he thought of me. The last time he had seen me was the night before my mother and him had gone to fight off Shouhei's men. I had been seven back then. I was seventeen now. Ten long years had passed between us, enough to make a significant change in the way I looked. I wondered if he even recognized me.

"Esunea." My father's lips formed. His right hand started to raise, like he wanted to reach out and touch my face to make sure it was real. "Run." he commanded me.

In that instant, I realized he wasn't trying to find out if I was real. His hand was raising because he was about to use a jutsu. I didn't have time to run, however. It had taken me too long to figure out what was really going on. I couldn't dodge, let alone protect the others who were just as prone as I was.

"Garra!" the man with the redish-brown hair cried out to his son, knowing the danger and wanting to warn him before it was too late.

Garra, off to my left, snapped out of the trance he had been in with his own father and opened his eyes to the real world again. He waved his hand in front of all of us, throwing up a wall of sand as a blast of air came charging at us. The sand shifted constantly, pulling itself back together as the wind attempted to pull it apart. Off to the sides, trees bended and broke under the intense pressure. They were flung aside like toothpicks as the wind continued to rage.

It seemed it would never end. I knew my father's gift was the ability to control wind at will, but I had never expierenced his power first hand. Standing behind Garra's sand wall, I even wondered if the sand could hold out. The wind kept on whipping around us and trees were pulled up like weeds. I figured it was only a matter of time before the Kazekage gave out.

Suddenly, something shiny peeked out from Garra's sand. It glinted and glowed, but it put me on full alert. The gold was seeping through the sand and pulling it apart, tearing holes in the wall. On the outside, the wind was still at full strength. If it succeeded in pulling the wall down, we would be blown away. Garra was aware of this and tried to thicken the wall, burrying the gold for a moment, but a minute later it was back. It tore a giant hole in the middle, allowing the air to woosh inside and spread the sand even thinner. 

I, luckily, had gotten my sword out and stuck it in the ground. With my feet frozen to the ground and my right hand iced to the hilt of the sword, I was able to remain standing up even after the sand wall was knocked down. Killer Bee and Naruto in front of me had managed to go bijuu mode and dig their hands into the ground, keeping them in place as well. The others were continually blown back. One of the Edo Tensei, the one with the bandages, lifted his hand up. A stone wall was raised up behind our allies, stalagmites pointed towards them.