they squint their eyeballs at you though.

❝Hi...❞ when the greeting left your throat, almost immediately, they look at you with a blank fave. but your boss was already on the way to make his seat on nightmare's left side, so you took the liberty to sit next to cross'. he gave you a curt nod, a ghost of a smile on his skull.

the next thing you knew, the normal stack of cards were put on Lie's palms. ❝So, who's ready for BS?❞

❝not me.❞

❝Your opinion doesn't matter, we're playing otherwise. Let's go solo first.❞ lie looks at you, ❝Do you know how to play, (L/n)?❞

You nod, ❝Yes sir.❞

❝Okay. Let's start.❞

horror blinks, scratching the crack on his broken eye as if it's a habit. ❝are we bettin' this time?❞

Oh no.

the guy with mismatched eyes nod, tossing five golds on the middle of the table with precise mastery. ❝Whoever tricks anyone gets 5 coins, it can be stacked.❞

you grimaced, ❛5? For a game?!

❝you're an asshole. make it 50.❞ dust smirked, placing a random pile of golden coins on the surface. it seemed to amuse killer and horror.

I think I might go broke. Like really broke.

❝Fine.❞ lie glared at dust, but complied to his wishes otherwise. it made the skeleton hum in excitement. ❝50. But know you're a crazy ass that sucks at lying.❞

nearly everyone snorted, killer trying to hide his chuckles but his shoulder blades didn't agree, because they were literally shaking. cross hides his amused smile when he crouched down to level his scarf with his face.

it seems everyone agrees with him, even you.

with that deal, the cards were shifted. levitating from the ground as magic does them, then were put on stack for everyone equally.

it was easy, win the game by throwing all your cards without assault of being caught lying.

your boss hums, ❝oh, rules. after 3 truths, you must lie next because of this card's magic. if you do lie, they'll reset to 3.❞

seems easy enough.

error was the first to go, his phalanges reaching for a card on his hold. when he touched it, the card floated to the middle, a no. 3 sign on it. ❝6 red.

...

❝ink?❞ killer shrugs, his answer blank of emotions but the card complied on his words, revealing a 6 spade.

❝screw you, error.❞ dust cooed mockingly, as error rolls his pupils.

confused, you open your mouth to speak. the name unfamilliar to you, so much it peeked your interest at their business. ❝Ink?❞

❝Oh. It's a way to say BS here, you can custom how you say it.❞ lie's words made you smirk under your cards, thinking of all the nicknames you troubled thinking upon setting their names on muku's chip. you momentarily forgot about the money, honestly.

you just nodded, and the game continued to killer, then to dust, then to Nightmare, then currently now, your boss. you admit, the skeleton group were actually good lie sensors, it made you sweat. no one left without paying the price of lying.

his grey hair uncovered his eyes, who shone boredly as his thumbs click on a card. ❝alas black.❞

you just knew you have the other black a on your hands, still, the chances are slim.