5.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

5. Softer

ˋ°•*⁀➷

Foolish didn't know what came over Dream, he changed, he smiled more, went outside more, one day he even brought Puffy a flower crown.

That afternoon, Dream ran out of their home with shouts of promises to bring Puffy some potatoes. Foolish, being the curious older brother that he was decided on following him.

He crossed the stream when his brother did, he walked through the birch forest when Dream did. Until he stopped, the blonde gripped his satchel as he walked to the middle of the field.

The older brother tilted his head as to why Dream stopped at the middle of the field and was about to walk to him when a bark was heard.

Frozen in spot, he watched his brother plop on the ground as a redheaded girl sat up.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

Dream smiled at her, "Sorry I was late, Foolish was getting weird." He said as he took out two apples from his satchel.

She chuckled and grabbed one, taking a bite out of it, "How many times do I have to tell you that you don't need to come with me everyday." She reminded him as she turned away from him as he moved closer to her and started to try braid her hair.

"Yeah but I want to. You don't know how dangerous these woods are." "Yes because a strong man like you would save me." She joked as she turned her head back to look at him.

He rolled his eyes and turned her head making her laugh, "Oh you know I'm just teasing." She said as she turned her head again.

Dream huffed, "I know but I am braiding your hair-" "Which you are failing miserably." She cut him off with a joke.

He narrowed his eyes and she laughed as she stood up running away from him. He sighed, "You are such..." he trailed as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him.

"What?" she asked and he smiled, "Such a light to me." He whispered. She grinned up at him, "Don't go falling for me now." She teased.

He hummed and shrugged, "Too early?" "Too early."

ˋ°•*⁀➷

Foolish sighed and rubbed his eyes, the light from the open window waking him up. He groaned and gripped his head as he looked up to see Fundy behind the bar this time.

"Well good morning to you Foosh." the fox said. Foolish sighed, "How much did I drink?" he asked.

Fundy shrugged, "I'm not sure. All Purpled said was that Michael and Connor had to pay him diamonds to stop you from drinking and that you were spouting out some memories." He explained.

Foolish tried to remember what he said and told. He didn't know what to do to remember and Fundy chuckled, "You really drank a lot Foosh." He said as he wiped the bar.

The builder looked at him with furrowed eyebrows but Fundy shrugged, "Even in your sleep you were muttering something about a Faye?" he asked clearly confused.

"Faye?" "Yeah. Something about sanity and her hold on him? What the hell were you talking about?" "Shit."