12.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

12. Mother

ˋ°•*⁀➷

As Techno and Phil watched Dream run to the woods they didn't make a move to stop him.

Dream didn't want to stop. He had thanked Techno and told him that he owed him this time and then left.

Running through the wood, umping over rocks and ducking through the branches, he only had one mission in mind; to go home.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

No one around place knew if Dream had a home. No one knew if he had a house. It seemed as though for them, Dream appeared out of nowhere and didn't settle but rather camped out wherever he could. Planning and plotting against the people that started to appear around the area.

No one except his small family.

Puffy, after hearing about her youngest son's escape went back to the only place she thought of; home.

She walked closer to he abandoned home. After Dream stopped going home, Foolish and Puffy moved to the general area where they met new people.

Foolish until for a living while Puffy opened different businesses around. And since then the house inside the hidden forest was left alone.

She walked to the door when she heard rustling behind her. Gripping her sword, she turned and narrowed her eyes.

She didn't want to overthink, it could be pigs or a fox. But then it could be a mob or maybe-

"Puffy?" her sword lifted up higher at the sound of his voice. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

Her voice laced with sadness and worry. Dream walked out of the shadows, his hands up in air, a sign of peace but his mother didn't lower her sword.

His shoulders dropped, "Puffy-" "Again. What are you doing here Dream?"

"Do you not want me home?" he asked. Her jaw clenched, "I want my son back. But how would I know if he is?" she asked.

Dream stared at her, "Because you know I wouldn't come back here if it wasn't for her." He said.

In that moment, a small gap, a sliver, a small moment, her son was back. The same eyes looked back at her, her little duckling.

"I can't trust you. I shouldn't trust you." She said more to herself than to him.

He sighed and nodded, "I know. You don't have to. I just want to see her. Please."

And despite the screaming in her head, she agreed. Not realizing the truth that they will find.