PROLOGUE

It was pitch dark. The footsteps grew louder, and "their" presence could be sensed as the night air filled with sweat and blood. He grabbed the closest weapon he could find; a coat hanger. "You got to be kidding me" he thought to himself. He tossed it aside, unfortunately a little too loud, drawing attention to the room he was hiding out in. Less than three seconds later, two men broke the door open, and signaled for three other men to follow close behind. Each were marked with a signature pair of dies tattooed on their biceps that featured Aces instead of numbers. The chilling room suddenly became extremely hot as sweat trickled down his arm, the heat slicing up his skin with no mercy.

"Come out little one" roared the man in front. He trembled in fear, as he observed the men who had come to take his life. It wouldn't be much longer until he could continue breathing the sweet smell of his parents room. The air that was filled with a crisp mix of his fathers cologne and the fresh tulips that his mother made sure to keep on the night stand table. He closed his eyes, enjoying the comfort the smell brought to him for one last time, hoping that would prepare him to step forward and surrender.

He had no choice, he was clearly outnumbered, out-smarted, out-aged.

As he raised his hand to draw the heavy curtains he was hiding behind, the man in front called out once again "You're alone now, no ones going to come help you". He paused, almost entirely, his brain not functioning, his entire body being weighed down by the 10 words this random man had uttered.

Alone.

Alone.

Alone.

Yes he was Alone.

And then the sweet smell of his parents room suddenly became bitter as the realization hit him. During every excruciating minute he spent with his parents, and amongst the countless people that had surrounded him in this mansion he had still always been alone. In that moment, as he now trembled with pain, he knew one thing, and one thing only; It was better to be alone than to be surrounded by people that make you feel alone.

He drew the curtain in anguish, and stormed toward the men who had brought out the monster in him.

x------------------------x

Authors Note: Chapter 1 drops tomorrow!

Follow us for more updates :)

Twitter: Larryeternity

Instagram: 1directionxhl
: bookfreakyy